H25 - 500 second setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammons

Original poster
Jun 20, 2011
colorado
I am new to this forum and new to Directtv. I have my home recently set-up with a H25 with a directtv recorder (can't remember the number). I also have an H25-500 unit that I want to put in my second home. At this point I don't have a clue as to what dish or other equipment I need for my second setup. When the installer set my home up he also configured my H25-500 unit. Please help me figure out what dish I can use, I saw on craigslist quite a few directtv dishes for sale, will they work for me? I will probably have to reconfigure the H25-500 for the new equipment. How do I do that? Thanks Jim

1st, Welcome to the Site !

I believe I have heard that the H25 requires a SWM set up, so you'll need probably the SWM3 Dish.

I would use the same dish your using now, it will make it a whole lot easier in the long run.

How many recvrs and what models are they, I know you have a H25, what other ones are you using and also what are you wanting to use at the second home ?

Don't forget, you need more than just the dish for the SWM to work.
You'll need the Power Insertor and potentially a SWM Splitter as well depending on how many recvrs your useing.

Welcome to Satelliteguys.

Jimbo is right, H25 requires SWM dishes.

Here is an example:
DIRECTV AU9-SL3-SWM Three LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna SL-3 LNB Combo (AU9-SL3-SWM) - DIRECTV Slim Line - AU9-SL3-SWM - Dishes&sku=

Make sure it is SWM, and you will need a power inserter.

You can find a better price calling around locally or sites like craigslist where you can avoid shipping costs. I know of many people that have paid around $40-$50 for a used local setup, just make sure it is SWM (ask if it needed a power inserter).

Heres what I have currently in my home. Directtv + HD DVR (I didn't see a number on it), SWM ODR only Power Inserter P121R1-03, SWM SL3S4NR2-02 PHS3D 110602280 dish. Do I have to get the same dish and power inserter as I have now or can I get a different model? I want to setup a second home with HD but no recorder. Thanks Jim

There may be different models available, but you must have a swm lnb on the dish and a power inserter to power the lnb.

Okay make sure I understand this. It actually sounds pretty simple. I need to find a SWM SL3 dish/LNB and a power inserter for it. I have a dish that looks like the same shape and size as the directtv dish (not the LND just the dish part) can I adapt that to fit the new SWM SL3 LNB? Trying to save money ya know. A guy on Ebay has what I need for $45.00 including shipping: GOOD or BAD price. Thanks Jim

Any swm lnb should fit on any Slimline dish. I think some of the early regular lnbs were proprietary to their brand of dish, but not the swm types.

Okay make sure I understand this. It actually sounds pretty simple. I need to find a SWM SL3 dish/LNB and a power inserter for it. I have a dish that looks like the same shape and size as the directtv dish (not the LND just the dish part) can I adapt that to fit the new SWM SL3 LNB? Trying to save money ya know. A guy on Ebay has what I need for $45.00 including shipping: GOOD or BAD price. Thanks Jim

Is the actual dish that you have a Directv branded dish? Or is it a Dish Network Superdish? They are very similar but slightly different.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts