H25. If you havent seen

Status
Please reply by conversation.
no better info than when it comes from someone that actually owns one.
Obviously you don't have to possess an H25 or subscribe to DIRECTV to know the truth. You just have to be willing to accept that the truth can't always be divined by logic or precedent.

Obviously you don't have to possess an H25 or subscribe to DIRECTV to know the truth. You just have to be willing to accept that the truth can't always be divined by logic or precedent.
:rolleyes:
when you don't have experience with something and rely on what you heard and read well you tend to make an ass of yourself from time to time ;)

Yep love mine too!

This batch (pics at start of thread) is not RF capable but the rest are suppose to be.

And no HR25's ....They skipped a couple numbers... HR34...were suppose to get a demo in about 3 mths but they said that 3 mths ago...

???

The USB ports have been there since day one and never used ...
Your USB ports may never have been used, but some are indeed using them for theater control systems. If you think back, receivers used to come with serial ports so you could control them with a computer. Now, absent the serial port, you can use a USB to serial adapter and accomplish the same thing.

Also, as mentioned above, the USB port is used for the AM21.

when you don't have experience with something and rely on what you heard and read well you tend to make an ass of yourself from time to time ;)
And you make yourself an even bigger ass by dismissing what I have to say out of hand and it turns out to be true.

And you make yourself an even bigger ass by dismissing what I have to say out of hand and it turns out to be true.
yes for once you are right :rolleyes:. usually that isn't the case here and especially at DBS. bravo for being right once in awhile.besides i never said you were wrong in this thread. i said i rather hear it from someone thats experienced.assuming can make you look like an ass from time to time. read it again.

Last edited:
Here's the DIRECTV installer information on how that USB port is used to control the receiver functions (including reboot) using the USB port:

http://www.sbcatest.com/TechUpdates/DTV-MD-0058-DIRECTV Set-top Information for Installers-V2.0.pdf

Note the included list of supported USB to serial adapters.

Subsequent models have implemented this control system as well.

Another use of the USB port was to power cooling fans for some of the hotter DVRs.

I use my USB ports for cooling fans.

Your USB ports may never have been used, but some are indeed using them for theater control systems. If you think back, receivers used to come with serial ports so you could control them with a computer. Now, absent the serial port, you can use a USB to serial adapter and accomplish the same thing.

Also, as mentioned above, the USB port is used for the AM21.

I doubt there is more than a very few people using the USB port for anything other than the AM21N.

So how else do you arrive at the truth, divine intervention? Most people understand that experience is the best teacher. When it comes to Directv, you have very little experience.

So how else do you arrive at the truth, divine intervention? Most people understand that experience is the best teacher. When it comes to Directv, you have very little experience.
A lot of posters seem to be wrong even though they meet the accepted prerequisites for knowing better. I submit that the prerequisites are faulty and a new set are needed.

I suspect that most here have no more experience with the H25 than I do yet they call upon their subscription to DIRECTV as indisputable evidence of their omniscience.

I suspect that most here have no more experience with the H25 than I do yet they call upon their subscription to DIRECTV as indisputable evidence of their omniscience.

There are a couple of posts in this thread from those who actually have an H25. They have reported no problems. Others have said they may get one based on the experience of those that have one. I don't recall anyone saying they know the H25 is a good box simply because they are Directv customers. You are throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. It's not the first time you have done this, and I doubt it will be the last.

I'm trying to be polite....I'd love to say what I really want to say but I'll be nice and just post that :)

There are a couple of posts in this thread from those who actually have an H25. They have reported no problems.
I don't recall that anyone said that there was anything particularly wrong with the H25. There was simply a "deficiency" that I noted and bobvick confirmed.

The "pissing match", as Iceberg likened it, came when a couple of participants insisted that I must be wrong but the evidence presented indicated that I was right.

The takeaways from this thread:
  • The H25 is out in the wild
  • The H25 uses an external power supply (proprietary 12VDC)
  • The H25 doesn't come with RF remote capability or an RF remote
  • The USB port can be used for remote control
These are all useful things to know if you're considering an H25.

Things that didn't come up in the thread thus far but may be of importance to some:
  • The H25 is SWiM only
  • component video requires a special cable that is not included
  • it lacks an S-Video output
  • no Ethernet jack; networking via DECA only
  • no TOSLINK or coaxial digital audio output; digital audio available only through HDMI

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)