H3 - Audio Dropout?

Shoot To Thrill

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
United States
I had the H3 installed today and I am just now getting to messing with it. First thing I am noticing is audio dropout... LOTS of audio dropouts - At least 2 per minute. Makes watching TV almost intolerable.

Is this a known issue or is it just me?

I will not be able to deal with this for long that's for sure.

Take some time and read the posts about the Hopper. You must wait at the minimum overnight and perhaps 24hrs or even longer for everything to work. If after that there are problems that you don't find answers to people will try and help.

Reactions: Shoot To Thrill
I certainly didn't wait 24 hours for my Hopper to start working correctly, nor would I have tolerated doing so! That's for things like getting icons to show up for all your shows, not basic correct functionality!

Reactions: Shoot To Thrill
What channels are affected, or is it every one?

I've had many on Chiller and SyFy, going back months...
I'm not running a hopper/3...

The channels that are dropping out are they the Over the Air channels?
I have a Hopper 3 and a Joey 4K and both are working great. I am not using
the OTA module for my locals.

This may or may not help people. I don't have a Hopper but a neighbor has one and I went to see it. He mentioned a couple of the problems I see posted but in particular audio drop outs. He had them and fixed it by changing to different HDMI cables. He says there have been no dropouts since doing it about two weeks ago.

I will add there is a history of the Hopper having audio dropouts, sometimes when pausing/fast forward etc. related to HDMI cables. This is from 2012, the fact they were DISH supplied cables isn't the point, HDMI cables do have an effect.

Obviously not the H3 but food for thought..

https://consumerist.com/2012/07/31/...ths-to-figure-out-their-hdmi-cables-are-crap/

I was having alot of audio dropouts mainly when using PIP. It would not happen right away. Usually after I had swapped a few times with pause, rew etc. Rebooting would fix it for awhile but it would start again. I tried different hdmi cables. And I bypassed my receiver and connected direct to tv from hopper with a new hdmi cable(not the one from dish) but it kept happening. It was driving me nuts! I finally dug out an old optical cable and connected it between my hopper and yamaha receiver. Its been a few weeks now and so far no audio cutouts!

I certainly didn't wait 24 hours for my Hopper to start working correctly, nor would I have tolerated doing so! That's for things like getting icons to show up for all your shows, not basic correct functionality!
It doesn't seem like "audio dropouts" is something that's just going to "go away" in 24 (or more) hours. Sounds like a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts