H3 Search Not Working

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
my hopper 3 was installed on Thursday and when I go to search I only have channels that pop up. I'm assuming it hasn't Downloaded all of the content yet, but is there any way to push this along? Also, I still don't have the channel pictures next to the guide. Thanks

Unfortunately there is no way to force the content, it will do this on its own and you will see the images appear fro the guide and content. You correct, the reason you are not see all images is that the content has not finished downloading.

my hopper 3 was installed on Thursday and when I go to search I only have channels that pop up. I'm assuming it hasn't Downloaded all of the content yet, but is there any way to push this along? Also, I still don't have the channel pictures next to the guide. Thanks
It's been 4 days or more for many people on here before they see their recorded programs thumbnail art.

Things like this have been posted about many times here for new installs. Things will eventually populate. There is no rule for a deadline when it will all populate. I've personally seen and heard of content taking maybe a day or so to populate and other times five or six days.

I personally have never understood this. Seems all this content comes from the satellite data feed itself. Dish needs to think more in the present and if someone has an Internet connection, the DVRs should be smart enough to hit a Dish server and download the guide data, icons and whatever else it needs when bringing on equipment for the first time. Once that is done then the equipment can follow whatever regular updates it gets from the satellite data. At least this way users should be getting 90% or more of the images, tiles, channel logos, guide data, whatever, within the first hour or two of activation. And I realize not everyone has an Internet connection, let alone a fast connection so in those cases they have to wait for the regular satellite feed. Another approach is let installers download this each day themselves onto a USB memory stick and load when installing.

Unless I'm missing something, this is NOT a difficult thing to do, technically speaking. It would make the Dish experience so much better for new and existing customers. Don't think anyone thinks "how can we make it better" when it comes to satisfying customers anymore and take advantage of the technology we have available. :imconfused

I don't understand why some hoppers are able to populate everything in 1 day while other hoppers take up to 6 days. Since it downloads everything from the satellite you would think the time frame would be the same. I wonder if it can only download and update when it is in standby mode and some are using the hopper a lot while others are not.

I don't understand why some hoppers are able to populate everything in 1 day while other hoppers take up to 6 days.

Exactly. There is no obvious, logical reason for the wide disparity and really frustrates <paying> customers. Like it's some sort of mystical sorcery or something. :what2

Exactly. There is no obvious, logical reason for the wide disparity and really frustrates <paying> customers. Like it's some sort of mystical sorcery or something. :what2

It may be a mystery but it's been well known to members here that any Hopper equipment can take days for all features to be downloaded. Knowing this ahead of time should allow you to be patient.

It may be a mystery but it's been well known to members here that any Hopper equipment can take days for all features to be downloaded. Knowing this ahead of time should allow you to be patient.

Oh, I do agree, but I have seen a few people who just joined SatGuys recently, probably to try and get answers to their frustration. Regardless of this being well known here or not, not all all customers of Dish go online to research issues so their frustration is never known to us here or Dish directly for that matter. And this kind of slaps this whole "the H3 is a way faster, better product" marking in the face. Honest truth is, we all know that Dish employees do actively read and even participate in forum discussions so they should be more creative in finding a way to solve this. Customers don't care about the reasons for this particular situation, especially if new to Dish.

My point was this issue should have been addressed a long time ago. Like having a leaky roof and instead of fixing the problem you simply sit back and and watch the buckets fill up with water then empty when full. The house isn't flooding and the floors aren't getting wet so, no problem. Find a way to fix the roof already!

Oh, I do agree, but I have seen a few people who just joined SatGuys recently, probably to try and get answers to their frustration. Regardless of this being well known here or not, not all all customers of Dish go online to research issues so their frustration is never known to us here or Dish directly for that matter. And this kind of slaps this whole "the H3 is a way faster, better product" marking in the face. Honest truth is, we all know that Dish employees do actively read and even participate in forum discussions so they should be more creative in finding a way to solve this. Customers don't care about the reasons for this particular situation, especially if new to Dish.

My point was this issue should have been addressed a long time ago. Like having a leaky roof and instead of fixing the problem you simply sit back and and watch the buckets fill up with water then empty when full. The house isn't flooding and the floors aren't getting wet so, no problem. Find a way to fix the roof already!

How dare people not come here first before doing anything! :biggrin I would always tell customers it's important to do you're own research before buying anything though. To me it's just common sense. Very few people buy a house or car without looking into it first. I make sure I do research before buying most things, at least anything that seems like an investment.

How dare people not come here first before doing anything! :biggrin I would always tell customers it's important to do you're own research before buying anything though. To me it's just common sense. Very few people buy a house or car without looking into it first. I make sure I do research before buying most things, at least anything that seems like an investment.
Today, with the Internet, you can research most anything before you purchase it. I buy just about everything from Amazon, and even if I don't, I like to read the reviews on there before I buy elsewhere. I am contemplating getting a 4K tv later in the year after the 2016 models come out so I am doing a lot of research and reading now trying to decide. The new higher end models from a couple of the Chinese based manufacturers are quite interesting.

Today, with the Internet, you can research most anything before you purchase it. I buy just about everything from Amazon, and even if I don't, I like to read the reviews on there before I buy elsewhere. I am contemplating getting a 4K tv later in the year after the 2016 models come out so I am doing a lot of research and reading now trying to decide. The new higher end models from a couple of the Chinese based manufacturers are quite interesting.

I recommend LG and Samsung and that's about it. I don't really care for any of the other brands unless I'm looking for something cheap in an extra room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)