H3 simultaneous HDMI/Composite

Chiefsfan

Original poster
Dec 29, 2019
I read on an old thread that simultaneous output to HDMI and composite. I just added a composite cable to H3 but TV getting no input on composite. Is there a change from the 2016 thread or is there something I’m missing?

I read on an old thread that simultaneous output to HDMI and composite. I just added a composite cable to H3 but TV getting no input on composite. Is there a change from the 2016 thread or is there something I’m missing?

That's a darn good question. It was working on my H3 the last time I checked. Is your HDMI still connected to a TV? Is the HDMI TV powered? Turned on?

IIRC when the HDMI cable isn't getting a valid HDCP handshake, the composite may not show a signal. Or was it with no HDMI cable? (Getting old. :crying) If the HDMI cable is in 4K, the composite may get no signal.

I meant component. I checked, it’s not the tv or the cables. Also I did on the hdmi from the hopper and still no go.
[automerge]1577894564[/automerge]
Argh! I can't believe I typed "composite" so many times when I meant "component". :crying
Sorry, meant component

If HDMI did not work, then I suspect human error regarding Input selection

HDMI works. Component doesn’t even with hdmi unplugged.

I have an H3 feeding two TVs: Hisense Roku TV via HDMI, and Sharp Roku TV via component and a component to HDMI converter. I have the Sharp running right now and working fine. The Hisense is on too but currently running Netflix. The H3 input is not selected on the Hisense.

I cannot right now this instant verify that an unplugged HDMI cable will turn off the component output. But I can verify that both outputs do work if HDMI is plugged in to something. I can also verify from previous experience that if the HDMI TV is displaying 4K, the component output goes off.

Of course. Even hooked up an old vcr and it worked.

You still aren't doing the diagnostic that I suggested above in post #2. Instead, you unplugged the HDMI cable! That's the opposite of what I asked.

Plug HDMI in and get the H3 showing video (not 4K) on that TV. Then plug in the component, preferably to another TV, and then what do you see?

You still aren't doing the diagnostic that I suggested above in post #2. Instead, you unplugged the HDMI cable! That's the opposite of what I asked.

Plug HDMI in and get the H3 showing video (not 4K) on that TV. Then plug in the component, preferably to another TV, and then what do you see?
I did that too.