Had my 622 installed yesterday

bigdog5142

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
Orion, MI
I am LOVING having HD signal with a DVR! I live in the Detroit area, so we get all of our local channels in HD as well. Watching NCIS and The Unit last night was AWESOME! I never knew it would be such an improvement over standard def. Having the 5.1 surround was awesome too! I can't wait until Monday to watch 24 in HD! :) The 622 works well for what we've got. I connected the 622 to my HDTV with the HDMI cable and use a optical cable for our surround sound into my receiver. No problems. We'll have to get used to the SD shows in the "regular" mode (black bars on the sides) and the HD in the full-screen. If we're going to watch a SD show, we'll change the screen format to stretch, but we don't want to do that for the SD commercials in the middle of a HD program. The DVR works great too...no problems with recording our HD programming. HOLY DISH, BATMAN! The new dish that was put on my roof was the 1000+ so it has FOUR LNB's and a power converter on it! I had to use TWO transformers in the house to power this thing. Hopefully our power bill doesn't go up too much! Does anyone know if it constantly draws power? It proabably does. Good thing our HDTV is a LCD...less power draw than a Plasma. So far...the upgrade was TOTALLY worth it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts