Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully to return for 62nd season

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
DODGERS NEWS ALERT -- August 22, 2010
=================================================================
Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully to return for 62nd season

The Los Angeles Dodgers today announced that Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully will return to the broadcast booth for an unprecedented 62nd season in 2010, calling all Dodger home games and those road games against National League West Division opponents.

"I'm just honored and humbled to continue my association with the Dodgers, which has been a major part of my life," said Scully.

Scully's 61 years of service constitute the longest tenure of any broadcaster in sports history.

I heard that he was going to have an announcement (from ESPN) I never heard them say he was retiring, but haven't been listening much of late ...

Glad to see that he's coming back for another year.

Btw, Pinella is retiring TODAY. again...

I heard that he was going to have an announcement (from ESPN) I never heard them say he was retiring, but haven't been listening much of late ...

Glad to see that he's coming back for another year.

Btw, Pinella is retiring TODAY. again...

The way they spun it on Sportscenter this morning had you believe he was going to announce his retirement.

The way they spun it on Sportscenter this morning had you believe he was going to announce his retirement.

Yep, they said something to the effect of "its hard sometimes to know when to hang em up"

Last edited:
I'm disappointed knowledgeable sports fans (fans that are here and obviously know the internet) are still watching SportsCenter. I think I stopped in the 1980's when Karie and Charley did the shows.

Ramy,

You can listen to Vinny on the EI Mix channel via the Dodgers feed. I know the actual Dodgers feed will be blacked out, but the Mix Channel will still have it.

why would it be? He's outside of Socal so it wouldnt be blacked out :)
The opposite is true. If he was in SoCal, like myself, the Dodger feed is the one that is not blacked out. The Reds feed is the one blacked out here. If he is in Reds territory, then the Dodgers feed will be blacked out the the Reds feed will not. Outside of both territories, neither feed is blacked out.

Remember, the opposing teams feed of your local team is always blacked out in that local teams area

Well thats just stupid ......
Get the EI plan and be only able to watch the other teams feed if it's NOT your team ?

Is the NHL CI plan that way too ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)