Hallmark Channel Coming to Family Pack Only Feb 1st

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Email received from Retailer Facts Blasts word for word ...

Team,

Effective Wednesday, February 1, 2006 by 5pm MST, DISH will have successfully launched the HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL on channel 187.

Hallmark Movie Channel delivers an entertaining, family-friendly movie experience with movies from a television legacy that includes top-rated movies and miniseries that represent the quality viewers expect from Hallmark.

The information regarding the station is:

Station:
HMC

DISH Network Channel:

Satellite:

Package:

DISHFamily

it will ONLY be available in the DishFamily package, not AT60,120 or 180 (Not even in the EVERYTHING pack)

The same goes for the new kids music channel.

THIS PISSES ME OFFFFFFF>>>>>>

Good God! Paying as much as we do for "everything" and now we can't even get HMC unless we pay more? This is insane!

I am so glad that I have a lifetime subscription to Sky Angel where I can get the "fuzzier" version of this channel.

Thanks for the insane information. Dish really has lost its way

See ya
Tony

It does not make sense as to why Hallmark Movie Channel is going to ONLY be on Dish Network's cheapest package and not their more expensive ones. Thats insanne. When I read "Family Pack" I was afraid that it would only be that package. SkyAngel has it in their $15 package as well.

Stargazer said:
It does not make sense as to why Hallmark Movie Channel is going to ONLY be on Dish Network's cheapest package and not their more expensive ones. Thats insanne. When I read "Family Pack" I was afraid that it would only be that package. SkyAngel has it in their $15 package as well.

This is just stupid. I have no interest in the channel, but why negotiate for a channel that so few people will even be able to get?

WTF, that does make me mad. I don't mind if they throw it in 180 or something and also the family pack, but why exclude people who pay for the AEP or 180 pack.

kinda makes ya wanta push congress for ala carte, huh
all these problems stem from contracts, "wholsalers" & "retailers".
this one could be E* fault, but allow ala carte and stop "wholsaler" bully practices.
Free Market ain't Free anymore, too many rules being imposed by the people selling the product.

This makes no sense to me at all. So if I wanted this channel or the Kids channel I would need to pay extra for the family pack to get what 2 channels? Because I already get all of the other ones. Or is it even possible to get all the other channels? This is very confusing.

There is a Kids Music channel on Dish network right now! Sirius Channel 116 Kids Stuff, or 6116 on Dish. I too feel HMC and the new Kids Music channel should at least be in the everything pack....They should change the name to ALMOST Everything Pack. ;)

Putting the Hallmark Movie Channel may actually get some people to upgrade to the AT180 package.

It's the Everything Pack except for HMC, Superstations, popular Spanish channels like Telemundo and Azteca, oom sports channels, and all the other foreign language channels

See ya
Tony

me too, i am not very happy now, i love hallmark channel, and i always wanted the hallmark movie channel, if i begged my dad to pay extra for that package, i know h e would not do it. he rather pay extra for college football tickets than to pay extra for something that he doesn't think we need such as the mpeg4 stuff.

PLEASE change the name of this post to Hallmark Channel Coming to Family Pack Only---it is really misleading and irritating is not the word for it!

TNGTony said:
THIS PISSES ME OFFFFFFF>>>>>>

Good God! Paying as much as we do for "everything" and now we can't even get HMC unless we pay more? This is insane!

Thanks for the insane information. Dish really has lost its way

See ya
Tony

Stargazer said:
ALMOST everything pack.

Agreed and agreed. !protest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)