Halo 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Who all here is getting Halo 2?

I like that it will be in 16:9 480p format. I wish they would have made it 720p or 1080i though.

Already got mine on preorder from EBGames.com.

NOW I wish I did the instore pickup option (I was lured by two day air free shipping and no tax)...

Was in the mall yesterday and my son almost had a heart attack when he saw the box on the shelf.... UNITL he realized it was just a preorder box copy..

BTW, I can't believe the first one (and H2) are rated M. Yeah, it was intense, but I wouldn't group this in with GTA:Vice City or other games of that ilk..... I hear there are some battlefield casualties that may be more intense in this one though based on the E3 trailer.....

Could be because of language too.

I'm sending my wife to pick mine up at midnight Tuesday morning. :) Mine is already paid for and will be waiting for me at Gamestop.

Pre -ordered from Best Buy. Ordered the Limited Special Edition with cut scenes and extra video...At least that is what my son says.

Kevin, it does. You're getting the Collector's Edition. It's supposed to have a seperate DVD with behind the scenes and plenty of other extras.

Well due to my great poker games as of late I have rejoined the world of Xbox. Yesterday I got the holiday bundle console, a couple Logitech cordless controllers then today I went a little game crazy and picked up Namco Museum Classics, Splinter Cell, MX Unleashed and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

While I was in Game Force I asked about Halo 2 since I know the Master Chief is the bomb I put mine on "pre-order" I was told I could be there at 11:45 Monday to pick it up when they open at 12:00am Tuesday.

Is the Xbox live worth a crap? I am thinking of going with it since I get a free 2 month trial.

slacker9876 said:
Well due to my great poker games as of late I have rejoined the world of Xbox. Yesterday I got the holiday bundle console, a couple Logitech cordless controllers then today I went a little game crazy and picked up Namco Museum Classics, Splinter Cell, MX Unleashed and The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

While I was in Game Force I asked about Halo 2 since I know the Master Chief is the bomb I put mine on "pre-order" I was told I could be there at 11:45 Monday to pick it up when they open at 12:00am Tuesday.

Is the Xbox live worth a crap? I am thinking of going with it since I get a free 2 month trial.

Xbox Live rocks!! It's well worth the $50 or so it costs every year. You get a communicator (headset) that plugs into your controllers (though the communicator doesn't work with cordless controllers except for the most expensive one that claims that it works) and you can talk to the people you're playing with. Will come in handy for Halo 2. :)

korsjs said:
did anyone see it advertised lower than 49.99?

Mine was 49.95 ... 4 cents difference :rolleyes:

Neutron said:
Xbox Live rocks!! It's well worth the $50 or so it costs every year. You get a communicator (headset) that plugs into your controllers (though the communicator doesn't work with cordless controllers except for the most expensive one that claims that it works) and you can talk to the people you're playing with. Will come in handy for Halo 2. :)

Well I just signed up, screen name ... slacker9876 ... I'll need to purchase the communicator and I hope it will work with my wireless. I have the logitech version of the wireless, should be okay ... there are memory card plugs built into the receivers rather than the remote.

Oh yeah, you'll be able to plug in the headset that way, but that would defeat the whole purpose of wireless.

My gamertag is Neutron1998

My wife is picking up my copy of Halo 2 at midnight tomorrow night since I won't get off of work until 1am.

I'm gonna be up playing it all night and into the day. I took off of work Tuesday for it.

Kevinw said:
Pre -ordered from Best Buy. Ordered the Limited Special Edition with cut scenes and extra video...At least that is what my son says.

All the bonus features on the extra DVD got rave reviews from the review crew in The Official X-Box Magazine this month. I think the phrase was: "anyone with any remote interest at all in the game or Bungie as a company will really enjoy all this additional content". Will be interesting to see which aliens didn't make the final cut and which maps were deep sixed as well late in product development.

Neutron said:

I've found Live to be a mixed bag over the past year and half. Last night I signed on to play MechAssault for a bit and someone on my own team was shooting the daylights out of me. That kind of thing happens pretty frequently in a lot of shooting games. You are SOL if the person doing it doesn't care and doesn't have a communicator to hear you/doesn't care to enable live communications through their tv speakers. Some nights its good fun and others the experience leaves a lot to be desired when you factor in all the immaturity and craziness out there. Racing games similarly can be ruined by people looking to race backwards with attempts to crash everyone for the hell of it. MotoGP is a lot of fun online, but damn near every Live game can be a real chore when you join games with people just looking to mess with others instead of playing serious. Be nice if there were more ways to weed out all the insanity online aside from having the host kicking members out or allowing for negative feedback.

korsjs said:
did anyone see it advertised lower than 49.99?

The Collectors Edition was selling new for thirty something dollars the other day on MTVshops.com with an online coupon. Unfortunately the deal ended very quickly after someone posted news of this on FatWallet.

I tend to make these posts when its drug out of me.
Xbox Live SUCKS with general public... its mostly 13 year old kids.

That Said I love Live! Why? I belong to 2 groups. XboxMatureGamers (XMG) and MatureXboxGamers (MXG) both are good groups of guys that are older game enthusiasts like myself and others.

Take a look around and sign up if you want. (Of course its free)

http://www.xboxmaturegamers.com

http://www.mxgamers.com

and for the record my Gamertag is: (without quotes) "EKU Shadow"

Friday night the phone rings and the caller id pops up and says it's Game Crazy, where i preordered Halo 2 on August 28, 2003. He said they had extra Limited edition Halo 2's and since I was among the first 5 people to pre order there, I could have that instead, so I did! SWEEEEET!! :yes Tuesday night I'll be KILLIN covenant bastards!!

I may not be on much tomorrow. :) I will be on Xbox Live with Halo 2 tonight when I get off of work at 1am and my best friend, another friend from Texas, and I will be up all day tomorrow playing.

Halo 2 has a King of the Hill senario too.

I actually prefer the Single Player campaign in Cooperative instead of the multiplayer game. I like the teamwork aspects along with the story aspect vs. just endless respawning.

BTW, for a change of pace go to http://www.redvsblue.com for some funny movies made with the Halo engine.......

It's release is getting closer.... :)

I bet my wife will have to go through hell to get my copy. I've heard some places are making you get a number to get your copy. My Gamestop told me that they will just have two lines, one for those who haven't paid for it and those who have paid it off already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts