Halo 5 Announced for 2015

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, and they don't support it because companies want to be d*cks and force you to pay to play with other people, hence why as you said, PC still uses it most. I mean MCC "supports" it but I'm pretty sure that you still need a Live account to actually use it.

The other issue too is that if you want to do eSports (which is big business for Halo) I'd think that LAN would almost be a requirement. I mean if you REQUIRE connecting to a separate gaming server, then you have added lag issues, not to mention you're open to possibly the servers being hacked or DDoSed during it, which would knock it offline. I don't know all the specifics for how these things are set up and I'm sure they have some sort of infrastructure where their connection to the servers are more stable than what I'm paying $60 a month for from my house, but LAN coding is likely so old and easy to implement that to NOT have it isn't for any sort of player benefit.

Yeah, and they don't support it because companies want to be d*cks and force you to pay to play with other people, hence why as you said, PC still uses it most. I mean MCC "supports" it but I'm pretty sure that you still need a Live account to actually use it.

The other issue too is that if you want to do eSports (which is big business for Halo) I'd think that LAN would almost be a requirement. I mean if you REQUIRE connecting to a separate gaming server, then you have added lag issues, not to mention you're open to possibly the servers being hacked or DDoSed during it, which would knock it offline. I don't know all the specifics for how these things are set up and I'm sure they have some sort of infrastructure where their connection to the servers are more stable than what I'm paying $60 a month for from my house, but LAN coding is likely so old and easy to implement that to NOT have it isn't for any sort of player benefit.

I think it depends on what the servers are doing too. I can see why LAN wouldn't be an option for a game like Titanfall. The AI for all of those grunts and specters is running on cloud servers. Take away the servers and have everyone directly connect to each other and the game doesn't work.

Halo 5's Warzone is a similar situation. There are two teams competing in a multiplayer match but there are also AI enemies and bosses running on the server. The way that mode is designed, it wouldn't work in a LAN environment. The old school Arena Mode stuff that is the focus of Halo e-sports probably could though.

I'm no network engineer but depending on what a game is doing there can be legitimate reasons why LAN is not available in some games. It's not available in the Battlefield games, supposedly because it's easier to keep track of 64 players on a server than it is in a P2P network. People have found a way to make LAN work in those games but it requires a separate PC dedicated to running the server software inside your LAN. Most people just opt to rent a private server from EA and play over the internet when they want to host a LAN party.

I guess it depends if a game's netcode is built around everything running on a server or a P2P network model. If a developer designs their netcode around everything running on a dedicated server I'm not sure it's realistic to expect them to build separate netcode specifically for LANs.

Again, I know nothing about how complicated any of this stuff is. Maybe it's a trivial process and I'm completely wrong. I doubt it's that simple though.

I'm somewhat surprised more people don't give the God Of War 2 ending more crap. Maybe because Halo is more story intensive but literally GoW2 ended the way it did because at the last minute Sony decided they wanted another game.

And Halo 5 is far from the most overhyped game. Destiny was hyped and marketed like it was going to change the world. Halo 5 was definitely mis-marketed in terms of the actual plot of the game though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts