Happless NFL Teams

• The Raiders
  • Houston Texans
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Miami Dolphins

Just to name a few.:D

Most of them listed would NOT spend the MONEY required to do this, perticularly the Lions.
Can you imagine how bad the Raiders would be with TO AND lazy Moss

Jimbo

TO would definitely not be tolerated by Marinelli. Lions blew another one yesterday. If this team won the games they SHOULD have they would be in the playoffs. Instead we have another decade of rebuilding in front of us.
DETROIT LIONS----REBUILDING SINCE 1957.

TO would definitely not be tolerated by Marinelli. Lions blew another one yesterday. If this team won the games they SHOULD have they would be in the playoffs. Instead we have another decade of rebuilding in front of us.

Paul,
Thats pretty good, you should use that as your signature:

How fast do you think it will take the Lions to show M. Williams the door after next week ?

Couild they ever trade him for someone ?
Maybe David Circus Kircus, he looks like he's fit in nicely in Denver.

Jimbo

Actually, I did use that for my signature back when I started here. Mr. Williams (MIKE) is gone minutes after Dallas, believe it. After watching Roy Williams yesterday, I'm not so sure he shouldn't join him. Free Press had a great picture of him withh the ball in his hands on the last play of the game, with nobody else in the way. Replay of the infamous non-catch by Earl McCoughlae ( or what ever is freakin' name was) against Dallas in 1971?, in the playoffs we lost 5-0. I guess Kit6na hit him in the wrong place-- the hands! How many did he drop yesterday?

OK....my Suckland Faiders are 2-13....I assure you our defense is better than half of the teams in the NFL(last I saw, the defense was ranked 7th or 8th overall)...then theres what they SUPPOSEDLY call an......"offense" :haha :haha :haha ...they could not score at a hookers convention! So, with our good defense...are WE the best 2-12/13 team in the league?

Paul & Jimbos

You should be happy that the Lions blew another game. At least it keeps them in the running for the Number 1 pick (even though they would screw that one up). It is to late in the season to hope for anything good. You should just hope that they don't screw up another draft pick.

Paul & Jimbos

You should be happy that the Lions blew another game. At least it keeps them in the running for the Number 1 pick (even though they would screw that one up). It is to late in the season to hope for anything good. You should just hope that they don't screw up another draft pick.

They have been a top 10 pick since I was born, or at least it seems that way btw, (early 60's).

They have great picks every year, they just never panout,when they find out they have to wear the Honalulu Blue, thier talent in college just evaporates .....

A few years ago, the experts were saying that running back is the easiest position to fill thru the draft.
Of course they also said that Detrioit was stacked with stud WR's, I don't think Mr. Kitna would agree.

My Steelers should also have a top pick as well (top 10) unfortunatly.

Jimbo

Last edited:
I'm curious, whom do you consider to be the great players on defense? Granted they are a fragile bunch, (look at Fernando Bryant the wrong way and he ends up on IR) but outside of the unproven Sims, I don't see much. Rogers shows greatness when he feels like it, Bly has had the will to win beaten out of him, and Boss Bailey doesn't look like the player he was in college. Last year when they were healthy, they were a middle of the pack defense. This unit is the biggest reason for the Lions sorry record.

Pro Bowler's Dre Bly, and Shawn Rogers. Ernie Sims is looking like he may get Rookie of the year, (I guess I consider that proven). Boss Baily, Teddy Lehman, Terrance Holt, are all team leaders in different stats when healthy.

The Pieces are there on defense. They just need to play together.

Pro Bowler's Dre Bly, and Shawn Rogers. Ernie Sims is looking like he may get Rookie of the year, (I guess I consider that proven). Boss Baily, Teddy Lehman, Terrance Holt, are all team leaders in different stats when healthy.

The Pieces are there on defense. They just need to play together.

I think Bailey and Lehman lead the league in injury days, maybe not the league, but the Lions at the very least.

Every year the Lions pick a person in the draft, everyone says what a great player he will be. they6 may or may not play well and the Lions still stink.

Look a few years back, there was talk that the Lions had compiled the BEST receiver group in the league and would be stars for years to come.
Now whan you look, they end up with one good receiver from that group (R. Williams, Rogers and M.Williams) maybe they can make a better law firm.

That said, R. Williams has not improved much in the past few years, and he's starting to get the Prima Donna attitude that other WR's seem to have.

His, " We could have scored 40 points today" quote was classic, they scored 7 points that day and lost by about 20.
Then he said " Were the best 2-10 team around"
Gee there something to be pround of.
He has Guarenteed wins several times this year, and they have failed each time.

He needs to keep his trap shut and play football.
He can be a great receiver, eventually, if he decides he wants to put the effort in.

Rogers is LOST somewhere, a 1st round pick that gets cut loose and NO ONE picks you up or shows much interest.

M. Williams, has no desire to play in the NFL, apperantly.

I have always liked Dre Bly, classy good ball player, I hope he stays and signs a new contract.
S. Rogers can play, but is injured EVERY year (also suspended this year).
Ernie looks like the real deal, but them Lehman and Bailey were suppose to be the fix at his position too.

Chris Speilman was the last great LB the Lions had and still did not win with him around, there is no one more dedicated to his profession than him.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Chris Speilman was the last great LB the Lions had and still did not win with him around, there is no one more dedicated to his profession than him.

Agreed! Although, my favorite Lions linebacker was Stephen Boyd. At 5'10 and 220 lb., he was very small for a Linebacker. The NFL listed him at 6'0 and 242... but everyone knew that was extremely generouse.

He played with heart, like no other football player I have ever seen. He was the smallest Linebacker in the league, but he was right up there with the best in stats.

I remember countless games, where he would get up off the grass after a "hard nose" tackle, his face or arm would be bleeding, and it never phased him. He was right back in the huddle ready to lay the next guy out, bloody face and all!

He had so many back issues in his last two years, they had no choice but to cut him.

Agreed! Although, my favorite Lions linebacker was Stephen Boyd. At 5'10 and 220 lb., he was very small for a Linebacker. The NFL listed him at 6'0 and 242... but everyone knew that was extremely generouse.

He played with heart, like no other football player I have ever seen. He was the smallest Linebacker in the league, but he was right up there with the best in stats.

I remember countless games, where he would get up off the grass after a "hard nose" tackle, his face or arm would be bleeding, and it never phased him. He was right back in the huddle ready to lay the next guy out, bloody face and all!

He had so many back issues in his last two years, they had no choice but to cut him.
Yes Stephen Boyd was another one that was very good, after Speilman, I would but Boyd next, of course I'm talking in the last 30 years, not before.

Boyd was thew Lions hope after Spielman moved on.
Lions should have never let Chris go, he should have been a Lion for life.

At least he will always be a Buckeye, and a very Classy guy.
Best wishes to him and his family this holiday season

Jimbo

I seem to remember Spielman playing a half of a season with a chest muscle that was completely torn. That man was the epitome of courage and heart. After that, Boyd was the last great middle linebacker we had. I loved watching both play. Sad to see either of them leave. As for Shaun Rogers, let me repeat this: Extremely talented WHEN he feels like playing hard. Possibly the best nose tackle in the NFL if he would play hard every play for a full season. His effort is well documented by the Detroit newspapers as being lackidasical. On a whole the Lions defense has been an underachieving unit, even when healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)