Happless NFL Teams

Well I see that the Lions just screwed up their season again with another win.

This way the Lions won't have to debate which QB they should take, one should be off the board already, and they should take the other .......
BUT THEY WON'T, they willtake a RB or a WR I heard today, knowing Millen, it will be a WR that cannot catch.

Why do I worry about it ? They won't be good till after I am long gone from this world, I 'd like to think I have another 30-40 years.

Jimbo

Victory is a mixed blessing, kind of like watching your ex-wife drive off a cliff in your Ferrari. At any rate , this takes Quinn off the board, which is a good thing in my book. This team has more pressing need than QB, such as somebody to block for a QB, and a serious need for a running game, not to mention some game -changing defensive personnel. The bad thing is that the no.1 pick would have brought more trade value. Maybe Troy Smith will still be available further down ther line. This team could screw up a wet dream.

Victory is a mixed blessing, kind of like watching your ex-wife drive off a cliff in your Ferrari. At any rate , this takes Quinn off the board, which is a good thing in my book. This team has more pressing need than QB, such as somebody to block for a QB, and a serious need for a running game, not to mention some game -changing defensive personnel. The bad thing is that the no.1 pick would have brought more trade value. Maybe Troy Smith will still be available further down ther line. This team could screw up a wet dream.

MAYBE, they take a RB in the 1st round (rumored, Adrian Petterson) and pull a SD and get Troy at the top of round 2.
San Deigo took Tomlinson in 1st and Brees in second.
Na, the Lions would never get that lucky or think that far ahead.
I heard Mel Kiper say this morning that they could be interested in a QB as well and with Brady Quinn off the board, they would consider JaMarcus Russell QB out of LSU. I have no problem with him, I just don't think he is the player that Troy is, for that matter, I would take Brian Brohm (Louisville) over Russell.

I about fell over, trying to figure out how he could be thought of as being better than Troy.
Troy's record speaks for it's self.

It would be like the Lions to do that though.

Jimbo

I could live with your idea, but Millen ain't that smart. Realistically though. we need some line help, and the kid from Wisconsin is a monster (Thomas). As for Peterson, well he's been a little injury prone, and playing behind our line would gaurantee a career on the IR. With the no.2 pick you would like to find a game changing impact player, but I don't see many of those in this years draft. Certainly not like last year.

Just the Lions luck. The picked the worse year have the number 2 pick. They can't even get losing at the right time correct.

Paul,
I just heard a report that the Fords are most likely going to keep Millen.
Why,
Because they think that bringing in another GM would set the team back, you know having to start over because the new GM would want to bring in thier own coach, ect.

Can you imagine this team having to go BACK and start over ?
That would be maybe A STEP OR TWO ....

Jimbo

Can this team be set back any further than they are now? Just to think we already have 2007's quote of the year. Thank you Ford's

Bad enough that my Jokeland Faiders SUCKED to high Heaven....now they are gonna have the #1 pick AND take a QB that am STILL not convinced he is the real deal....Mr. OVER Hype Brady Quinn.....

Bad enough that my Jokeland Faiders SUCKED to high Heaven....now they are gonna have the #1 pick AND take a QB that am STILL not convinced he is the real deal....Mr. OVER Hype Brady Quinn.....

I agree with you, if it is Brady, he will have fun behind an offensive line simular to Detroit's.
looks like the Lions will pass on Troy Smith and Brian Brohm as well.
another chance for them to draft a good QB and they will pass.

Jimbo

QB was not this team's problem, Kitna despite the turnovers, still threw for 4,200 yds. this season. This team needs at OL, RB, and defense far outweigh the need for a new QB. Defensive Coordinator Henderson is leaving the team today ( amicibally, anice word for fired). Barry from Tamba Bay is the next man in line. Why can't a new GM be hired with the stipulation that Marinelli gets at least one more season. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would still take the job. Besides who cares if Marinelli is still here next year? I for one am not impressed with the job this guy has done, especially in view of what other first year coaches at NO and the Jets have done. Neither of these teams were that much better last year. Didn't we drop 6 spots in the draft by beating NO last year? 5wins last year, 3 wins this year.

QB was not this team's problem, Kitna despite the turnovers, still threw for 4,200 yds. this season. This team needs at OL, RB, and defense far outweigh the need for a new QB. Defensive Coordinator Henderson is leaving the team today ( amicibally, anice word for fired). Barry from Tamba Bay is the next man in line. Why can't a new GM be hired with the stipulation that Marinelli gets at least one more season. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would still take the job. Besides who cares if Marinelli is still here next year? I for one am not impressed with the job this guy has done, especially in view of what other first year coaches at NO and the Jets have done. Neither of these teams were that much better last year. Didn't we drop 6 spots in the draft by beating NO last year? 5wins last year, 3 wins this year.

I agree QB is not the problem, but wouldn't it be nice to once in our lives , have QB that can play for 10 years or so ?
The problem I have is that Kitna is already 34 , so the Lions want to wait till he retires to find a QB again, then have it so he has to play riight away again ???

I see that Chuck Priefer the Special Teams coach is retiring as well .....

Jimbo

Offensive line coach also will be let go today. The worst news of all: MILLEN is staying. Where is the CIA when you need them. Apparantely an assasination is the only we'll get rid of this a$$hole. I wish Ford would just sell this team. Ford has bought Millen's line of sh*t, that injuries are the sole reason this team was not in the playoffs. I wonder what his excuse will be next year, when we find out for sure that this team has no talent? This is hopeless. I don't see the draft bringing much help, and free agency will draw only players whose choices will be playing for the Lions or finding a real job. Trades? We have nothing to offer besides the no. 2 draft pick. The misery continues.........

DETROIT LIONS - - - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!

I wonder if LSU's QB is coming out for the draft after he showed up Brady Quinn. If he does that would be bad news for us Lion fans. I'd hate to see Millen make the wrong choice by drafting Quinn with the second pick. As I have said previously, Quinn has been a no-show in every imortant game in his career.

I wonder if LSU's QB is coming out for the draft after he showed up Brady Quinn. If he does that would be bad news for us Lion fans. I'd hate to see Millen make the wrong choice by drafting Quinn with the second pick. As I have said previously, Quinn has been a no-show in every imortant game in his career.

Yeah I have to agree. He doesn't look as good as people think.

Actually, I have heard Russel name as being a real possibility, I 've never thought that much of him, I saw him earlier in his career and was not impressed, but that was quite awhile ago.

It IS possible that the Lions take a RB possibly A. Peterson and are able to take Troy Smith at the top of the 2nd round.

The draft experts say Troy will go LATE 1st or 2nd round.

I find it hard to believe Troy will be around that late in the draft, perticularly if he has a typical game tommorow.

Jimbo

He did sign an agent so he probably will! :hungry:

Attachments

4.1 KB · Views: 111
  • noquinn.jpg
    noquinn.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
He did sign an agent so he probably will! :hungry:

IF he signed with an agent , then he has no choice other than to go pro.
Football doesn't do the thing that Basketball does and let you come back.
Now, if he did not sign with any one, but did inquire with the NFL for draft status, as far as seeing where he would project, thats different and is advised top most thinking about coming out.

Jimbo

How are my Jokeland Faiders gonna screw this one up??:confused: I am scared for my football teams LIFE!! LOL I have NO CLUE!! I ma NOT convinced of ANYBODY as being a consensus #1. Brady Quinn....has disappeared in Big games...the ONLY reason he is constantly in the limelight so to speak is because: #1.....he is at Notre Dame....#2 He has the OTHER egomaniac, Charlie "have ANOTHER dougnut" Weiss campaigning for him like if he was his father. IF he was that good, how come he did not win the Davey O'Brien award for best quarterback of the year....??? BOTH the O'Brian AND the Heisman went to the SAME guy.....but HE, Troy Smith...scares the crap outta me because he is either Akaili Smith or a Michael Vick that does not run as much....so WHAT does my Jokeland Faiders do?? The need EVERYTHING on the offensive side. The defense was ranked #7 in the NFL in total defense...so for AT LEAST the next season or two, they are ok there. I LIKE SMITH...and LOVE Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech.

How are my Jokeland Faiders gonna screw this one up??:confused: I am scared for my football teams LIFE!! LOL I have NO CLUE!! I ma NOT convinced of ANYBODY as being a consensus #1. Brady Quinn....has disappeared in Big games...the ONLY reason he is constantly in the limelight so to speak is because: #1.....he is at Notre Dame....#2 He has the OTHER egomaniac, Charlie "have ANOTHER dougnut" Weiss campaigning for him like if he was his father. IF he was that good, how come he did not win the Davey O'Brien award for best quarterback of the year....??? BOTH the O'Brian AND the Heisman went to the SAME guy.....but HE, Troy Smith...scares the crap outta me because he is either Akaili Smith or a Michael Vick that does not run as much....so WHAT does my Jokeland Faiders do?? The need EVERYTHING on the offensive side. The defense was ranked #7 in the NFL in total defense...so for AT LEAST the next season or two, they are ok there. I LIKE SMITH...and LOVE Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech.

Personally I think the Raiders need a good QB and I feel the LSU QB (sorry I don't know his name) will be a good QB, he has a good arm and is as big as Culpepper.

But with Al Davis if you get a QB you'll probably get Quinn or he'll take a punter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)