Happy 15th Birthday PlayStation 2!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yesterday was the 15th anniversary of the release in America. I was fortunate enough to get one of the first batches.

http://kotaku.com/in-america-the-playstation-2-turns-fifteen-today-1738643400

I didn't get the PS2 in it's first year on the market but I did get it for Christmas the following year. I would have been in 8th grade at the time. I knew my parents were getting it for me and I knew they kept all our Christmas presents in their closet.

I was such a little bastard back then that I would actually take the PS2 out of the box whenever me and my sister were home alone and package it back up before they got home from work. Let me tell you, it's not easy for a kid to actually get a console back in the box and make it look right but I had it down before Christmas that year.

They got me NBA Street with the system. I basically played that game and the demo disc that came in the PS2 box all day every day for my entire Christmas break that year. By the time I actually opened it on Christmas day I had pretty much done everything there was to do in that game.

I never got caught either. The game was out of it's plastic wrapping and I had thrown away some of the plastic that came inside the PS2 box but I had everything in it's proper place inside the styrofoam every night. My parents didn't know enough about games to notice that anything had changed.

I remember when I bought mine, still play EA baseball 2005. Purchased one when they were still hard to find, I remember finally finding one at our local Meijer, with my wife and that time was girlfriend :)

Reactions: fhsucade07
I didn't get the PS2 in it's first year on the market but I did get it for Christmas the following year. I would have been in 8th grade at the time. I knew my parents were getting it for me and I knew they kept all our Christmas presents in their closet.

I was such a little bastard back then that I would actually take the PS2 out of the box whenever me and my sister were home alone and package it back up before they got home from work. Let me tell you, it's not easy for a kid to actually get a console back in the box and make it look right but I had it down before Christmas that year.

They got me NBA Street with the system. I basically played that game and the demo disc that came in the PS2 box all day every day for my entire Christmas break that year. By the time I actually opened it on Christmas day I had pretty much done everything there was to do in that game.

I never got caught either. The game was out of it's plastic wrapping and I had thrown away some of the plastic that came inside the PS2 box but I had everything in it's proper place inside the styrofoam every night. My parents didn't know enough about games to notice that anything had changed.

Great story! Did you ever tell them later what you did? My sisters and I used unwrap and rewrap all of our presents under the tree to see what we got before xmas morning but never had the nerve to play with anything. But then again, our big presents were usually brought over by our grandparents on xmas day.

Same way here the BIG presents my parents would not keep in the house. My grand-parents would bring them over.

Great story! Did you ever tell them later what you did? My sisters and I used unwrap and rewrap all of our presents under the tree to see what we got before xmas morning but never had the nerve to play with anything. But then again, our big presents were usually brought over by our grandparents on xmas day.

Yeah, I told them at our big family Christmas Eve party when I was in college. I knew everyone would get a big laugh out of it and by that point I was no longer afraid of getting in trouble with my parents. People got a kick out of it and some of my cousins who were at that party had actually played NBA Street with me back then when I was sneaking it in and out of my parents closet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts