Happy Fourth of July & Happy Canada Day!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Doing this today because some people may not be online this weekend

Just making a quick note wishing everyone a happy (and safe) Fourth!

Hope some of you get your projects done (me being one of them) :D

edit: For our North of the Border fans, Happy Canada Day!

I'm looking forward to the inevitable English-bashing jokes courtesy of the military bigwigs at the annual picnic we attend, it never gets old and I've learned some great comebacks :)

Looking forward to a relaxing day.
Happy 4th everyone!

Cascade said:
I'm looking forward to the inevitable English-bashing jokes courtesy of the military bigwigs at the annual picnic we attend, it never gets old and I've learned some great comebacks :)

Looking forward to a relaxing day.
Happy 4th everyone!

Just tell them we only left coz we ran out of tea : )

Plus those mosquitos!

Happy 4th of July............ if you are into that kind of thing!

PSB said:
Just tell them we only left coz we ran out of tea : )

Plus those mosquitos!

Happy 4th of July............ if you are into that kind of thing!
Hmmmm all the tea must have ended up in Boston harbour ;-) Heres hoping all of you have a safe and happy holiday :) My holiday projects include setting up a FTA system for my neighbor, I'm hoping to be able to get g10 for him, but his LOS reminds me of Cascade's so wish me luck.

My projects
-get C-band working :D
-unhook the 24” dish and replace it with a 30”, giving me 2 motorized dishes
-get the 4 receivers I have hooked up right and working 100%
-get on the roof and swap out a LNB on the one motorized setup
-get the cabling cleaned up…got too many stray wires running around : )

My plans... Supposed to be 106 here today so will probably go to the local hills where it will be cooler and camp out till Sunday. Work Monday... Alternate plan... Pool, movies and Most likely some Cerveza...:D Happy Fourth Folks! (I really should get my C-Band up again too)

dfergie said:
Supposed to be 106 here today

ay carumba!

It FINALLY got nice here...76 today and high 70's/low 80's and little humidity this weekend

Beats that 90's temp/70's dewpoints we had for almost 2 weeks

Iceberg said:
ay carumba!

It FINALLY got nice here...76 today and high 70's/low 80's and little humidity this weekend

Beats that 90's temp/70's dewpoints we had for almost 2 weeks

We are finally getting a break from the heat here also, temps in the high 70's to low 80's forecast, with lower humidity.

Iceberg, good luck on the cband project, hopefull we will all feel a minor earthquake ;-) I am also working on my BUD on Sunday, now that i have an angle finder (inclinometer) hopefully i can finally my BUD to track the arc perfectly and get that elusive amc7 that i had once last winter and have never been able to get back.

Happy 4th everyone!

Good luck on all your projects (especially Ice's C-band-ing :D ... I must live vicariously through others until I get my bigger dish ordered). I have too many chores to do to get anything FTA done :p Though after taking off/putting back my lnb yesterday, I've lost several % and a few birds in my arc! Auhg! It's on my list.... :p

Well we had over 15" of rain for the month of June. Hopefully we can have a little bit dryer July. I got most of my chores for the weekend out of the way yesterday like cutting the lawn and putting together three sets of patio furniture that my wife just bought (I have seeting for at least 20 people now, WTF? ). My FTA system is on hold until I get a QPH-031 but then I will only need to find true south again and I should be golden.

My son's 13th birthday is tomorrow the 2nd but I think we are celebrating on the 4th. I will probably just run some electrical outlets on the outside of my house since there is only 1 outlet on the entire outside of the house. Gotta pressure wash the pool deck also because all this rain has made a mess of it.

Have a good one everyone!

JW

Even though this is a .us site I'm sure there are a lot of canucks hanging out here. So I hope I won't get flamed for using this thread to greet my fellow Canadians with Canada Day, which is precisely today.

No matter what politicians both sides of the border say we share the same destiny, the most of the time the same sat footprints and sometimes even the same long weekends :), so we must stay united while of course respecting each other's differences.

Cheers!

Zodiak

I was going to say "happy Canada Day" to the Canucks out there, but kinda forgot to :D

Zodiak
I think half your population is living down here with me ;)
Even the Ice Hockey team that I play on is 75% Canadians! I love Canada, it is probably my favorite place to vacation.

Anyway Happy Canada Day!

Happy 4th of July / Canada day to all

I'd also like to send my kind regards on this holiday weekend.

It's a mere 92° right now and smokey. We're going to see 108° today :eek:

North of Phoenix we've had a wildfire going for the last week and the smoke is just hanging in the air. I suspect the only fireworks we'll be seeing this year will be shot over the man-made lakes.

I'm going to try and get the 'prettier' dish up this weekend.

zodiak said:
Even though this is a .us site I'm sure there are a lot of canucks hanging out here. So I home I won't get flamed for using this thread to greet my fellow Canadians with Canada Day, which is precisely today.

Zodiak
The regular members of the FTA section that are in “hockey country” that I know of off the top of my head are maddawg, ftadirect, sharris & you. :D

There are probably a lot of canucks in Florida and such that we don’t know because when we ask for their area they say Florida :D

and you wouldn't get flamed because it's Canada day..:)

Iceberg said:
My projects
-get C-band working :D
-unhook the 24” dish and replace it with a 30”, giving me 2 motorized dishes
-get the 4 receivers I have hooked up right and working 100%
-get on the roof and swap out a LNB on the one motorized setup
-get the cabling cleaned up…got too many stray wires running around : )

Hey Iceberg .............are you working on a real BUD or a 40 incher ???? I am going to get a 40 incher going soon so I can catch more C Band hockey this winter. I would like to keep track of your progress if you are indead doing the 40" , since you are in the same part of the world as me (Manitoba/Minnesota). Same difference in the grand scheme of satellite pointing and stuff. There are tons of backhauls on the Anik sats.........Later MK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)