Happy with my new 211

Nitehawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
California
I placed an order for the new 211.The csr was very helpful.Was knowledgeable about what I wanted, and set an apointment for today.The installer came out right on time.Everything went very smooth.Only one small problem.I could not use my HDMI to DVI cable.I had used it for the old 811.I was able to find a straight HDMI cable at a local electronics store for just 32 bucks.I now have all the new HD content.I like what I see so far.The off air tuner is a bit weak.I'm still adjusting that.May need to go on the roof and play with the antenna.This was a rare treat with ATT/DISH...I also like that their using almost the same interface as I have with my 522.All and all a very positive experiance.

Nitehawk :)

When you get the antenna situation fixed you will notice the 211 OTA is alot better than the 811.

gdarwin said:
When you get the antenna situation fixed you will notice the 211 OTA is alot better than the 811.

The roof antenna came down in a storm.I have it secured again.I'm pulling in between 90% and 100% I agree the 211 off air tuner is much better then the old 811.And the picture is more defined then before.I'm off to watch some games.

Nitehawk

Yes i argee that the 211 OTA is a bit better but i noticed you have to have at least a 75% or better signal so i went up on the roof as it was a very nice day and tweeked my OTA and wow what a differance, know if they can get some of the small bugs fixed in this 211 it sould be alright.

You have not had it long enough to State that you are "Happy with my 211" Wait a few weeks and you will not be able to say that, because it is a piece of junk just like every receiver that Dish has ever made.

jerryez said:
You have not had it long enough to State that you are "Happy with my 211" Wait a few weeks and you will not be able to say that, because it is a piece of junk just like every receiver that Dish has ever made.

My VIP211 is great! So is the 625. I think you are way off base with your comments.:mad:

We've had our 411 for over 4 weeks now and not one problem with it. We just got the 622 on Friday and so good so far. The only receiver I've had a problem with were the 7200's I had.
Jerryez, I hope you are able to get your 211 working.

jerryez said:

I've had my 211's for about a month and I'm happy with them. There are a couple of very minor issues that I have experienced but I can live with them for now. The PQ is better than my old 811's and the OTA reception is vastly improved. :)

Mario

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)