Hard Drive error 0565 on a 625 Tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dgrosen

Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
When I turned on my 625 tuner (about 18 months old) this morning it told me a serious Hard Disk problem had been detected, Error Code 0565. I am assuming that the Hard disk failed and I am the winner of the opportunity to get a new tuner.

My questions are:
1) Is my assumption correct the hard drive is trashed?

2) How does dish handle things like this and how much is it going to cost me, I do not have the hardware coverage option on my plan?

3) How much is the hardware coverage option, could I add it to my plan today and have it cover the failure?

Thanks for any help.

I don't see "0565" listed at Dish's Tech Portal.

You can call right now and add the protection plan. Hang up and call back and let them "diagnose" the problem. They have to do this before they'll replace yours (if necessary). The protection plan costs about $5/mo. When you get the replacement, call back and cancel the plan.

The box says error 0565 but the code in the upper right that I didn't take note of previously is Error 311. The tech portal just says fatal failure. Sounds like my assessment of not good is pretty accurate.

I had the dreaded 760 error on my screen a few months back. Kept it on there for 30 minutes till my wife was back home so she could see I had no choice but to format the dvr and erase her shows.

Finally when pressing Delete Now, it started a format screen, went thru it quickly, rebooted itself and all programs remained on the disk ready to watch, nothing lost, no damage done other than my new found fear of seeing that screen again.

Hope this error can resolve itself the same way for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts