Hardwire Network Connection To HR44

Status
Please reply by conversation.
twiz3dkitty,
I think you might have solved my problem. My clients lose connection to my HR34 once a week, and I have to do a red button reset on the HR34 to get connected again. The clients keep saying "searching for server". Also, my nomad locses connection at the same time. Also, my HR34 does not see my recordings on my HR21. All this is solved with the red button.
My HR34 is connected to with an ethernet cable to my router. My HR21 is connected with a DECA adapter.
I assume this is what you are referring to: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIRECTV-NEW...461?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c383c1eed
??

Disconnect the ethernet cable from the HR34. Then see if things change. The HR34 and server network, and the whole home network, do not need the ethernet connection.

I think it fixed my problem. I bought the Cinema connection kit. So far so good. It has been about 2 weeks and no problems. So far this is the longest stretch I have ever had without issues.

when i got my 34 installed the installer hooked up the cinema connection kit, and did it wrong so that there was no internet or mrv. he actually left and told me it would start working later(and wanted me to give him a prefect score on his survey!) after half a day i realized it would not start working, so i just plugged my ethernet connection right into the back of the HR34, and everything has worked flawlessly ever since, that was august of 2012. I use MRV with a hardwired HR34, and a HR21, HR22 for my MRV rooms.

something wasnt setup with the cck properly. And ondemand does take 24 hours to fully download. The osd even states that when I makes connection for the first time. Sometime I really wonder why people don't believe what techs have to say..

something wasnt setup with the cck properly. And ondemand does take 24 hours to fully download. The osd even states that when I makes connection for the first time. Sometime I really wonder why people don't believe what techs have to say..
not sure if you are replying to me since there was no quote, but i took pics of the install and posted them here and at "the other place" and verified that he did install it incorrectly. he admitted he had never installed a 34 or a CCK. He left without ever getting MRV to work.

not sure if you are replying to me since there was no quote, but i took pics of the install and posted them here and at "the other place" and verified that he did install it incorrectly. he admitted he had never installed a 34 or a CCK. He left without ever getting MRV to work.

Hmmm I find it hard to believe that any tech (unless it was his first day, and even then we have 2 weeks of on job training, aside 5weeks in a classroom) has NEVER installed a 34 or cck. Thats quite odd. But there is a 24hr rule with this.

Hmmm I find it hard to believe that any tech (unless it was his first day, and even then we have 2 weeks of on job training, aside 5weeks in a classroom) has NEVER installed a 34 or cck. Thats quite odd. But there is a 24hr rule with this.
this was august of 2012, he told me himself he had never done one. i'll try and find pics of the install if i can, but it was all solved by just unhooking the CCK and plugging the Ethernet directly into the 34 and MRV and ondemand has worked great ever since.

I've taken a lot of calls from customers that got the "it will start working tomorrow" line from their installer.
It's unfortunate, but it does happen.
In the calls I've gotten, It was usually a CCK-W that was never configured. The receiver at the start of the call gave "No Internet Detected" when trying to pull up the TV Apps. Configuring the CCK-W with the customer would get it going.
There are good installers, there are GREAT installers, but unfortunately, there are also some installers who either weren't trained correctly, are afraid to ask for help, or are just plain lazy.
I mean no offense to anyone with the above statement, it's just how it is.
Regarding the original topic, the 34's and 44's both have a CCK built in, but that feature has never been officially supported or recommended.
I would imagine, that as firmware gets tweaked it gets optimized for the built in DECA to run with either a CCK or CCK-W (Note: CCK-W should NEVER be used with an HR44). So connecting ethernet directly is "risky".
A Wired CCK is the best way to go, as it gets officially supported and, speaking from personal experience, will give the best internet connection to the receivers.
As a side note, again from personal experience, the Wireless thats built into the HR44 is "iffy" at best. It's pretty weak as wireless network adapters go...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)