Harmony 880 help for a newbie

angiodan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Cape Coral, Florida
Just started to play around with it, and have a few questions.

It controls my 921 just fine with IR, but it won't control my Bell EVu 6100. (I have the 921 set up as Watch PVR, and the Bell as Watch TV.)I still want to keep RF control with both of these since they are modulated throughout my house, and I can use the original remotes in other rooms. Is this possible?

How can you program it to turn up lights on my Grafik Eye when I pause a DVD, and lower them when I hit play?

I'm also not having any luck with it controlling my Zektor DVI 5.1 switch. I have emailed support about this one, since it is listed on their website when I was setting it up. Just wanted to throw this out there if anyone had ideas for me to try while I waited for support to answer.

Other than that, the remote kicks ass. Thanks to Value Electronics for the great deal!

Ok, I figured out the 6100 issue.

I also thought I figured out my light control issue, but when I change the button behaviour on Watch DVD for commands to my lighting, it also shows those same changes for my other activities. I thought the changes within an activity are independant of any other activities.

My general advice, don't hesitate calling Harmony with any questions. Their technical support is superb!

And remember, if nothing else helps, you can always teach your remote any new IR commands in "raw" mode. You can fit multiple commands into one, if you press buttons quickly enough. For example, you can replace your default "Play" command with "Play"+"Lights off", if you really want to... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)