Harmony 880+pansat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
can someone tell me how i can bring up my sats on the harmony so i can move my dish with the pansat .
thanks

I bought a Harmony before Logitech bought them out. It's not an 880 but you might try selecting "Device" assuming this is an option on the 880. Your Pansat should be one of the device options. After selecting you can try different buttons to see if they respond. Also I've called their tech support a couple times and been satisfied with their response.

can someone tell me how i can bring up my sats on the harmony so i can move my dish with the pansat .
thanks

Can either of you guys tell me how good these remotes work? Are they worth the high cost? That is do they control all or at least most of the functions of your other remotes or, do you find that you still have to grab your regular remotes? Thanks

REMOTE works great, runs my pansat,coolsat,sxrd tv,expressvu ,starcoice,Onyko amp,pc.
all with one remote

Last edited:
REMOTE works great, runs my pansat,coolsat,sxrd tv,expressvu ,starcoice,okyo amp,pc.
all with one remote

You don't find yourself having to grab the other remotes for anything? For instance my sat remote wont control the direct inputs of the TV or DVD player. If I want to change inputs I'm screwed. Have to grab the other remote. It's a pain

You don't find yourself having to grab the other remotes for anything? For instance my sat remote wont control the direct inputs of the TV or DVD player. If I want to change inputs I'm screwed. Have to grab the other remote. It's a pain

For the most part I'll give you a qualified No, you don't have to use other remotes to switch inputs.
I have a Sony HDTV with multiple inputs. I feed the Directv H20 video to the Sony and the audio to an Onyko receiver so the Harmony knows what inputs to select. If I watch a DVD the video is sent to another Sony input and audio another Onkyo input. The way it knows is you establish an identify online and chose your equipment and what inputs you are doing what on. Hamony then creates a file that's downloaded to your remote. You can customize an operation.... for example if we listen to one of the XM channels on Directv I don't need the TV on. So after selecting the XM channel I have a funtion to turns off the TV. I've got another function to watch just the local OTA stations in case the H20 is unhooked (some times we leave it at the cabin)
If you change equipment just go online and create a new setup.
Now every once in a while the remote gets it's "functions" crossed but it walks you thru a sequence to make sure the proper things are off or on. I do use some of the individual remotes for some of the functions that are harder to do with the Hamony. For example the DVD player's zoom function is just easier to do using it's remote. I can be done with the Harmony.
But you are right they are pricey. I bought my first one at CES before Harmony was bought Logitech.... paid $135. Nearly a marriage ending event.... now the wife uses it 100% time after she found out she didn't need "all those remotes"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)