Harmony One for the Hopper

jcvaughan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Pacifica CA
I've got my Harmony One working pretty well using the 922 settings in the logitech software. However, I can't seem to get a DVR button added. The list of Buttons for the 922 doesn't have it (is it another name?) and I can't for the life of me get the Harmony One to learn it from the Hopper Remote. Any suggestions?

I've got my Harmony One working pretty well using the 922 settings in the logitech software. However, I can't seem to get a DVR button added. The list of Buttons for the 922 doesn't have it (is it another name?) and I can't for the life of me get the Harmony One to learn it from the Hopper Remote. Any suggestions?

Mine is setup using the 922 because that's the receiver I came from. I'm not on my home computer, so I'm unable to check right now but I think there is a PVR command.

I have a touchscreen button on my Harmony One labeled 'RED' I used to open 'DVR' on my 722, it goes to 'Recordings' with the Hopper.

Yes. It should. That is what the red button on the Dish remote does. So, it should do the same on the Harmony. The whole point of remote controls like Harmony is to duplicate all the functions of all the user's individual remotes.

Of course, you can do whatever you want, making whatever buttons you want do whatever functions you want. But, the red button should open the tuner select page. But, it doesn't have to.

Yes. It should. That is what the red button on the Dish remote does. So, it should do the same on the Harmony. The whole point of remote controls like Harmony is to duplicate all the functions of all the user's individual remotes.

Of course, you can do whatever you want, making whatever buttons you want do whatever functions you want. But, the red button should open the tuner select page. But, it doesn't have to.

Yes, I am very well aware it does not have to, thanks.
Seriously, I agree, there would not be several different functions assignable for each button if it was intended to ONLY do the same function as the original remote.
You program it to do whatever best serves your purpose in how you use a particular remote for a particular device. If it is important to get it as close the original remote layout, then go for it. For me, many original remote layouts are a compromise to begin with. Thanks to Harmony we have a remote we can program to our personal preferences even if it does not conform to the mfg's intended purpose.

The DVR button on the 922 device profile is called "List" now. I was setting up my Harmony 700 and noticed that the DVR button wasn't listed anymore.

The RED button is a soft button that changes function based on what screen you are on. When watching live TV with no other banners or info on the screen, it's a short cut to the list of tuners, but when it's on the DVR screen, it's snaps the cursor up to the top left drop down that changes what list you are looking at. When you had your 722, you probably made it a shortcut button on your own to your DVR list, but that's not what it does on a 922/hopper. You should program the touchscreen with it's own DVR button separate from your RED button in order to have access to all features.

I was surprised last night when I changed the programming on my Harmony One to a 922 it automatically added the four color buttons (with colored pictures) to the touch screen. I also created separate buttons for DVR and LiveTV.

The color buttons were unexpected since that didn't happen when I set up my Blu-Ray player awhile back.

Ganthet said:
I was surprised last night when I changed the programming on my Harmony One to a 922 it automatically added the four color buttons (with colored pictures) to the touch screen. I also created separate buttons for DVR and LiveTV.

The color buttons were unexpected since that didn't happen when I set up my Blu-Ray player awhile back.

I think it's brand specific. They show up on my blu-ray, but not my PS3 or vice versa. It's hit and miss.

The level of detail in their remote database varies from device to device. Some of their device databases are pretty complete, while others are missing a ton of commands.

In the case of the color buttons for my 722k, I learned the commands, and added them to one of the touchscreen pages. But, the Harmony SW automatically assigned the color button images, as opposed to the usual text images for custom buttons.

Thanks everyone for saving me countless hours talking to Harmony support about why DVR isn't listed. On the Harmony one, you can rename it to "DVR" if you so choose. The colored buttons (red, yellow, etc.) have a big ball icon for each color. A nice surprise.

This is a minor thing, but I noticed a couple of Harmony Dish profiles are missing discrete on/off. So if you are finding that you have to use Help a lot to get the DVR to turn on or off, you may want to learn those discretes and adjust the power settings accordingly. Any learning will have to come from an IR remote of course, not a 32.0 or 40.0.

I finally programmed mine for the Hopper today, and while it looks like most everything is there, this may take more time before I feel at home with it.