Harmony Remote Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sweet Deal!. Just picked one up from Ebay for $129 though and I must say it is awesome! Had the 659 which has now been sent to the LR for the wife to use. I really like the charging cradle as these things tend to eat batteries! Anyway I would recommend Harmony remotes to anyone as they are easy to customize, are good quality and control just about everything.

Any good learning remote will control an Apex, using learned commands, if it does not provide the actual code set for it. Oneforalls are reliable, cheap remotes that offer support for learned commands and can store many of them. URCs are another good brand that has an insane amount of learned codes memory. The Harmony remotes also offer learning capability. So as long as you have your original remote and can hold another remote in your other hand, you can teach the Universal your Apex codes. Easy as pie. :D This remote is a cheap remote that works great AND has your Apex codes. http://www.ofausa.com/remote.php?type=URC6820

I have 2 676's. One on my 622/Samsung s5687/DVD/Audio system and the other out in my spa room with a rf extender to control my 311/Toshiba LCD/Pioneer DVD combo. I share the output of the kitchen 311 with it. The reason for the rf extender. The extender uses a AAA battery adapter (where the rf transmitter is 1/3 the length of a AAA battery and it uses a special 2/3 length rechargeable battery). Works fine.

Only problem I have with the remote is I need a seperate account for each to program them. I'd rather have something say I am programming remote 1 or 2 and use just one login.

Does anyone know if the 880 will control an Apex flat panel? I have not found any remote that will control it and the 211.

The harmonys can learn the codes if you have the original remote. And if your
dish receiver is hooked up for only UHF remote, you have to make it IR. THis comes up as a message when you are programming the Harmony, so that is fine.

Also, Harmony wants the remotes to be ID #1. Otherwise they are fine. I have mine controlling things that are proprietary with no published codes because the remote talked to the harmony and it learned the codes.

It does take a little to get going, but it is a great remote once you learn the programming. Of course, you could go for a super duper wipe your butt Sony for over a grand, if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts