Harmony SST-688 and VOOM

Got the 680 mylsef and have recharged the batteries once sicne i got it so far.... and t2k you obviously havent used a harmony remote.... its ease of use is so much higher than any sony remote.

If you find a sony easier to use that your friends harmony he doesnt have it setup for sh!t.

jagouar said:
Got the 680 mylsef and have recharged the batteries once sicne i got it so far.... and t2k you obviously havent used a harmony remote....
You can just call me a liar... that'd be straight at least.

Oh, pardon - being straight? That'd be too much from a such a hick.

its ease of use is so much higher than any sony remote.
:shocked "ease of use so much higher" :shocked

*me thinking where did he read this very bad PR sentence*

What does it have to do with my comment, fella? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you find a sony easier to use that your friends harmony he doesnt have it setup for sh!t.
:smug

We thank you for your valuable and very intelligent contribution to this topic.

jagouar said:
Almost as valuable as your comment about getting a sony remote when this thread was about HARMONY remotes.
OFF
Ehh... apparently these stupid trolls are the same everywhere.:down

ON
So my question is the same: how come you guys get over its display size? :confused:

T2k said:
So my question is the same: how come you guys get over its display size? :confused:
As for me, I rarely use the display on the H688. Virtually all important buttons are mapped, so there is no much need for "custom" buttons on the display. Say, I am watching TV (VOOM) and decide to watch DVD. I just press a single button labeled "Watch DVD", and the remote does the rest: it switches the video inputs of my TV set, switches the audio outputs of the AV receiver. Turns the DVD on and turns the STB off. Neither my VOOM STB, nor my Toshiba DVD player have discrete on/off codes, which may present problems for most remotes. Not for Harmony! Harmony remembers the last state of each device, so it knows when to send which command. Once I am in "Watch DVD" mode, all buttons are re-mapped accordingly: audio-control buttons work with my receiver, transport-control buttons work with the DVD, etc.

I primarily use the H688 display just for program guide: it shows a couple of weeks worth of listings for my most favorite channels! Display and buttons are well-lit (much better than on 659), no problem reading it in the dark, if needed.

My only complaint with H688, is that buttons are rather small, but I got used to them. Other than that, this is the best remote! Very easy to use. No need to program any macros. Very powerful, yet the whole family can easily use it!

T2k said:
Interesting to read these posts... :shocked
I have RM-AV3100 from Sony and I found it much more convenient over Harmony (friend has a 659). The display on these 6xx-series is ridiculous for me, especially compared to my Sony's huge, well-backlit touchscreen LCD.
How do you guys get over it? :confused:

I got rid of my RM-AV3100 for the Harmony 659, and LOVE the Harmony! My biggest issue with the Sony was it was very confusing to program. If I added a new piece of equipment, I had to get out the less-than-adequate manual and spend a long time programming.

Also, can't find buttons on the Sony by "feel" - have to be looking at the remote in order to use. Not convenient when channel surfing.

Just my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts