Has anyone done a successfull install with a DP Twin and DP21 for a 3 sat?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was wondering if you ever connected a 61.5 dish buy using a DP21 with a DP Twin.

I know they tell poeple that will work, but, I never heard of a successfull install that way.

When I was in the Roanoke, VA, area, I had them do the must carry. They tech could not get my 721 to work with a DP Twin and 2 DP21 switches.

I told him that I had never heard of that working. After 3 hours of watching him do resets, clearing the matrix, etc.. I told him that I had to go to work and change it all to legacy.

Has anyone done this setup and have it work? was it just a 721 issue?

It was very odd, the receiver would read 61.5, DP dual, strong signals on both odds and evens.

It would do the same for the DP Twin.

It would not read the Twin when conencted with the DP21.

I had heard of this happening a lot. One tech told me that he would never connect a DP Twin with a DP21 for a 3 sat. setup because it simply, although in theory it should, did not work.

I was just wondering if anybody had ever been successfull with the DP21 3 sat. setup.

That might have been a software issue back in 2003.

I think Bcshields may be onto something with the swept testing requirements. Personally, I have never had a problem using a DP Twin and a DP Dual combined with two DP21 switches; much prefer the DP+ Twin and DP Dual solution, but that's not listed as an option in this circumstance.

Another slight, and I stress slight, possibility may be your wallplates themselves. I have ran into instances where if the "barrell" on the wallplate isn't correctly rated, it can and will affect your signal. ESPECIALLY with multiple satellite locations

I was just concerned because I am planning on, next week, trying to connect a DP21 with a DP34 to have 105,110,119,61.5 combination.

Yes, I am too cheap to pay for the DPP44!

I remembered that guy could not get the DP21 to work with the DP Twin and I am scared the DP21 and DP34 combination might not work for me.

Neither line would recognize the Twin. I have one line run with commscope and the other with Belden, both RG6. It seems that it would have recognized the DP Twin from at least one of the lines.

The guy even cleared the matrix, smart card, front panel and hard reset the machine. The Legacy Twin and SW21 combination worked immediately and perfectly!

miguelaqui said:
I was just concerned because I am planning on, next week, trying to connect a DP21 with a DP34 to have 105,110,119,61.5 combination.

Yes, I am too cheap to pay for the DPP44!

I remembered that guy could not get the DP21 to work with the DP Twin and I am scared the DP21 and DP34 combination might not work for me.

Neither line would recognize the Twin. I have one line run with commscope and the other with Belden, both RG6. It seems that it would have recognized the DP Twin from at least one of the lines.

The guy even cleared the matrix, smart card, front panel and hard reset the machine. The Legacy Twin and SW21 combination worked immediately and perfectly!

I have done 5 with a dp 21 and 44 switch.. considering it now just to add 121 back in the mix.. the only thing that is stoping me is there are no DPP 21 switches out there yet.

right now im running 119/110/61.5/129

What? can you really do a 5 sat setup? I thought that I read someone say that a 5 sat setup was not possible.

Was there ever a DP44 or only DPP44?

Is that what you are saying? That, sice you don't have a DPP21 switch, the configuration of a DPP44 with a DP21 will not work?

The proper name is DPP44, also sometimes written as DP+44 or even DishPro Plus 44. There is no such thing as a DP44.

The DPP44/DP21 cascade will work on many receivers but you are then not able to use the DP Separator for dual tuner models because each sat input has to have the same DPP44/DP21 setup.

I really didn't know. I was told, when I worked for someone, that there was indeed a DP44, but they had to be specially ordered. This was Dec. 2003.

This was right when the Superdishes came out and there were some subs who wanted locales, from 105, and internationals, from 61.5, so a "DP44" was ordered.

I never saw the thing, so I don't know exactly what was sent to them.

there is a legacy sw 44 that does 2 locations and 4 rooms (old school equipment that has been replaced by a legacy quad.) and there is a DPP 44 that does 4 locations and 4 rooms. (the newer one and better)

Not sure why, but when it came out the DPP44 was frequently referred to as a "DishPro SW44." I think most of those have come to see the light and, with the light, the name printed on the face of the switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts