Has anyone else heard that PPC is going to stop making the EX connector?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I recently joined a cable installers forum. There are techs saying that the PPC reps are saying that they are going to stop production of the EX and replace it with the already exisiting EX XL.

Although I'm not a fan of the PPC EX XL...some good points were made from this guy.
Point 1
He said that the nuts are smaller on the PPC EX XL.
The advantage is that customers are more likely to tighten them down all the way, instead of leaving them loose.
Point 2.
Any standard tool will compress the PPC EX XL. In some systems, techs are grabbing the incorrect tool and not fully compressing the EX the connector.

This is my beef....
1. The PPC EX connectors are easier to push on; the circular piece of metal on the inside of the PPC EX XL is a little longer.

2. The PPC EX is easier to fit into tight spaces.

Has anyone else heard this?

No, I have not heard this. And here's an added twist, I know of a lot of retailers as well as my RSP have migrated away from the EX-XL fittings to the CMP fittings. A few of us have kept a few bags of EX-XLs as reserve due to the fact the new CMPs do NOT work with quadshielded coax.

Not true, the EX connector has a large cable following, it is not going anywhere. The nut on the xl is the same as the ex, it costs alot of money to make different nuts for different connectors. The same nut is currently used on all cmp 59 and 6, ex 59 and 6, exxl 59, 6, plenum, and headend. a modified version is used on the aquatight to allow for the attached weather seal and retaining ring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)