Has anyone ever heard of this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
I'm in Erie, PA and we have the CBS and NBC affiliates available in HD, but ONLY to Time Warner Cable subscribers with the TWC HD box. You cannot receive their signals OTA. We have a Fox affiliate, whose HD signal is a low power, but available OTA.

Has anyone ever heard of an HD signal that cannot be seen OTA? I'm thinking this a contractual issue with TWC. But I have never heard of such a thing.

Right now, it's not such a big deal because I have TWC's $13.00 package which is basic, and plugs right into my QAM. But because of where TWC's signal comes from, I also receive Cleveland's locals in HD.

I'd like to "move" back to Cleveland for the HD locals (for Browns games), save the $13 bucks a month but I'd need a wing dish, and have no legitimate reason to get one of those if I live where I live.

It just seems strange to me there would be a contractual reason for this.

In a different forum I read some discussion that such could be done, but I was not aware that it had been done. From your post I'm guessing the SD signal is available OTA, to meet licensing requirements.

Who knows what the reason might be?

Fitzie

Local ABC had it's HD signal on cable only before they upgraded their transmitter to handle the HD stuff. It was that way about 6 months but now they are 1000kW OTA HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts