Has anyone heard anything about Antenna/This coming to Beaumont Texas area?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
We have MeTV and COZI locally on 12.4 and 12.3.

Antenna is in Houston, 100+ miles to the west and very, very hard to get even with a large, tall antenna. It’s unreliable enough that it’s not worth the heartbreak of trying.

ThisTV is currently on FTA but is about to become scrambled by their new owners, Antenna around October, I think.

ThisTV is carried by KPLC in Lake Charles but it’s also too far. They also run a HUGE, ugly watermark that covers the entire lower 1/8 of the screen. It’s childish, immature, grotesque and obnoxious.
My dad can get KPLC but he has a much larger and taller antenna than I do. I would have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new antenna and tower to be able to get KPLC.

Getting Antenna out of Houston, I don’t see any way to make that happen, it’s just way to far off…

Has anyone heard about any efforts to bring the channels to the Beaumont/Port Arthur Texas area?

I’m thinking there must be a way to search the FCC site for any applications filed but I simply don’t know how to go about that. :eek:

Or, is there some underground rumor mill that stuff like that leaks out through?

?
Thanks! :)

Darn good question. You might try following this thread for your DMA: http://www.avsforum.com/t/364625/lafayette-la-beaumont-tx-lake-charles-la-hdtv. AVSforums has been fairly helpful in keeping me abreast of the Washington DC DMA. But that depends on other knowledgeable folks being in your DMA and helping others on that forum. In my DMA, we have several very smart people who scan for changes, look up FCC applications, and give forewarning of channels coming and going.

If you are interested in Antenna TV and/or This you need to contact local stations and request they put one of them on a sub channel.

You might contact Trip a www.rabbitears.info.

I just looked at Rabbitears.info and he shows This on 6.1 (RF6) KIPS-LD a low power digital station, strange it is in the same virtual channel as CBS, but it is listed in RED so it may not be on the air and may have a different virtual channel when it goes live. FCC shows they are licensed.

If you are interested in Antenna TV and/or This you need to contact local stations and request they put one of them on a sub channel.

You might contact Trip a www.rabbitears.info.

I just looked at Rabbitears.info and he shows This on 6.1 (RF6) KIPS-LD a low power digital station, strange it is in the same virtual channel as CBS, but it is listed in RED so it may not be on the air and may have a different virtual channel when it goes live. FCC shows they are licensed.

I'm afraid I don't know what DMA means.

As to the KIPS-LD, it's dead. I've tried and tried,
I'm near where it is supposed to transmit from, well within their range but nothing. Some of the guys in the FTA forum tell me they are also sure it's dead. :(

I'll check into the other sites you guys mentioned, thank you.

In the end though I fear that I'll just have to choke up a few hundred bucks and get all new antenna stuff and suffer through the KPLC abomination for ThisTV and AntennaTV probably won't be happening for me, they are just too far away.

I miss the old analog signals, they went a lot further and a fuzzy signal was still a watchable signal. With digital it's either all or none. :(

Thanks guys.

:)

Posted with my iPhone 5 using the SatelliteGuys app

Dee
Part of the issue of getting stations added is the fact there isnt a lot of options.
You have 4 full powered stations...one is dedicated to the TBN mux (channels)

now lets go through them
12 is full....you know that with Cozi, ABC, NBC & MeTV
4 & 6 are owned by same folks (Sinclair)..they usually add subchannels across the board (as in across all channels they own across the country)

KUIL (36/43...that has MundoFox and My Network) would probably be the best option.

My dad can get KPLC but he has a much larger and taller antenna than I do. I would have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new antenna and tower to be able to get KPLC.
I just think a bigger antenna is all you need. I've posted that before in the thread in the FTA section (when you asked) and in a PM to you.

Dee Part of the issue of getting stations added is the fact there isnt a lot of options. You have 4 full powered stations...one is dedicated to the TBN mux (channels) now lets go through them 12 is full....you know that with Cozi, ABC, NBC & MeTV 4 & 6 are owned by same folks (Sinclair)..they usually add subchannels across the board (as in across all channels they own across the country) KUIL (36/43...that has MundoFox and My Network) would probably be the best option. I just think a bigger antenna is all you need. I've posted that before in the thread in the FTA section (when you asked) and in a PM to you.

You’re right, of course.

It’s just that I keep hoping for a different/easier outcome that doesn’t involve me spending even more money.. Sigh……

Burlington.Plattsburg networks are somewhat cheap so I wouldnt expect Cozi, Movies, This, Antenna etc anytime soon.
Besides, ME-TV (NBC sub), "merged with CW" so its CW from 8pm-11pm weekdays on ME which pissed off a lot of people.

Cheers, K

Burlington.Plattsburg networks are somewhat cheap so I wouldnt expect Cozi, Movies, This, Antenna etc anytime soon.
Besides, ME-TV (NBC sub), "merged with CW" so its CW from 8pm-11pm weekdays on ME which pissed off a lot of people.

Cheers, K

Yep, that would do it! Thankfully I can still get MeTV on FTA C-band which is FAR superior to our local OTA which is less than half the bit rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)