Has anyone lost NPS distants as a result of "moving"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cocoon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
I am just curious if anyone has lost distants from NPS as a result of "moving". They are supposed to be totally separate companies from what I understand I would think this would be a good test of that.

I was wondering this same thing. If I move my service address back to my billing address and then get my real locals from Dish, will NPS be notified and cancel my distants? Or, will I still get the disants and my locals, as well?

I was wondering this same thing. If I move my service address back to my billing address and then get my real locals from Dish, will NPS be notified and cancel my distants? Or, will I still get the disants and my locals, as well?

You will lose Atlanta and San.Fran. after a short time.
You'll have distants and locals for a while but eventually lose distants.
Change of address comes from someone else.

Quite a conundrum for some. Tell a white lie to get DNS service to NPS. Then tell another to Dish to get programming one wouldn't otherwise be entitled too and then try to remember where you actually really live. ;)

The two companies do not communicate about service addresses. Nps only tells Dish turn on the distant networks for the following smart card numbers. As far as moving is concerned, I am listed as in Houston dma for Hd locals for Dish and I am listed as in Arkansas for nps distants. So far for 2 months on Nps and over 4 years for Dish and no problems.

I am just curious if anyone has lost distants from NPS as a result of "moving". They are supposed to be totally separate companies from what I understand I would think this would be a good test of that.

Your qualification for NPS depends on that DMA not having NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX.

Last edited:
The two companies do not communicate about service addresses. Nps only tells Dish turn on the distant networks for the following smart card numbers. As far as moving is concerned, I am listed as in Houston dma for Hd locals for Dish and I am listed as in Arkansas for nps distants. So far for 2 months on Nps and over 4 years for Dish and no problems.

how did you pull this off? did you call NPS and gave them a different adress that you have registered in D*, this sounds like something interesting to me, let me know. Thanks

I just call NPS to change to my new actual address and they said I would not loose my distance service. I should. I now qualify for locals. No more living in the rural sticks of Iowa. Fine by me!

how did you pull this off? did you call NPS and gave them a different adress that you have registered in D*, this sounds like something interesting to me, let me know. Thanks

I simply went on line and entered an address in a "white area"-an area without ota reception . My aunts address is the one I used in rural Arkansas. Try zipcode 71945 for Hatfield, Arkansas or use an address for Mena, Arkansas. Do a google search for theaters in Mena and then add an apartment number to it.

Once I entered the address online it then said I qualified for all 4 distants on both east and west coast. It then asked for the smart card numbers for all my receivers. I gave it all of my smart card numbers on all 3 of my dish accounts and within 12 hours they were on all of my receivers on all of my Dish accounts. So it works quite well. You could call and just "move" to another address in a white area and you could get all of the distants as well. They do not compare addresses or accounts with Dish , they only call them and say turn on distants for the following smart card numbers.

I simply went on line and entered an address in a "white area"-an area without ota reception . My aunts address is the one I used in rural Arkansas. Try zipcode 71945 for Hatfield, Arkansas or use an address for Mena, Arkansas. Do a google search for theaters in Mena and then add an apartment number to it.

Once I entered the address online it then said I qualified for all 4 distants on both east and west coast. It then asked for the smart card numbers for all my receivers. I gave it all of my smart card numbers on all 3 of my dish accounts and within 12 hours they were on all of my receivers on all of my Dish accounts. So it works quite well. You could call and just "move" to another address in a white area and you could get all of the distants as well. They do not compare addresses or accounts with Dish , they only call them and say turn on distants for the following smart card numbers.

I currently have distants with AAD, so I can just "move" my dish account to an adress where I can get HD locals and I will not loose my distants with AAD? what do you think? thanks.

Thanks for the responses.

It was extremely easy to change the address for the move with the first CSR. However 20 minutes had passed and no change except the time on the receivers so I called dish again and had a similar experience as the "csr questions a move" thread. I actually think the second CSR was in the USA!

I guess the message here let the machines download the info and reboot them check switch whatever to force download new data and wait an hour or so before calling them to say its not working.

I currently have distants with AAD, so I can just "move" my dish account to an adress where I can get HD locals and I will not loose my distants with AAD? what do you think? thanks.

AS I have said before, it doesn't matter where you move to with Dish as they do not communicate with NPS about where your service address is listed as and vice a versa. You should be fine . I have done as much myself and even listed all the smart cards from 3 seperate dish accounts I have on the NPS website and I received distants for all of them and I only pay the 9.00 a month to NPS.

I wouldn't worry if you move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)