Has anyone lost UHF function on remote after subscribing to programming?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
IL
I just subscribed to programming from SRL and everything is coming in OK and I still have all satellites. The only problem is the UHF function of my remote seems to be gone. UHF is absolutely essential for my viewing. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just a problem with my remote?

I just subscribed to programming from SRL and everything is coming in OK and I still have all satellites. The only problem is the UHF function of my remote seems to be gone. UHF is absolutely essential for my viewing. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just a problem with my remote?

The 4DTV has 4 different addresses for the remote control. This allows a user to have up to four different 4Dtv receivers and still have just one remote to control all of them. To look at what address your 4DTV is, hit the up or down arrow key on the front panel simultaneously. This will show on the front panel as A0, A1, A2 or A3. By using the up or down key you can scroll to the address you want. Once this has been changed on the front panel, you then address the remote to the same code by holding the 4DTV button or SAT button on the remote until it flashes. Then enter in the appropriate matching code such as 100, 101, 102 or 103.

Thanks for the reply. It is funny that my remote decided to act up just as my subscription came on. I was hoping that it wasn't caused by the new emm. Must just be a problem with my remote. Thanks again.

The 4DTV has 4 different addresses for the remote control. This allows a user to have up to four different 4Dtv receivers and still have just one remote to control all of them. To look at what address your 4DTV is, hit the up or down arrow key on the front panel simultaneously. This will show on the front panel as A0, A1, A2 or A3. By using the up or down key you can scroll to the address you want. Once this has been changed on the front panel, you then address the remote to the same code by holding the 4DTV button or SAT button on the remote until it flashes. Then enter in the appropriate matching code such as 100, 101, 102 or 103.

Thanks. The IF function still works fine, just no UHF, so I really don't think that it is an address problem but I will try changing to a different code and see what happens.

Edited to report that changing the address code did not help. I discovered that the correct code to enter on the remote is "00x" not "10x"

Last edited:
Thanks. The IF function still works fine, just no UHF, so I really don't think that it is an address problem but I will try changing to a different code and see what happens.

Edited to report that changing the address code did not help. I discovered that the correct code to enter on the remote is "00x" not "10x"

You don't say whether your unit is a 920 or 922 so if it's a 920 this may help if the code change didn't help with your issue. Here's a link that explains how to do it. 4Dtv Info Myself I didn't unplug my unit, but right now I'm not sure of what the out come might be now if you did so it's something to think about.

You don't say whether your unit is a 920 or 922 so if it's a 920 this may help if the code change didn't help with your issue. Here's a link that explains how to do it. 4Dtv Info Myself I didn't unplug my unit, but right now I'm not sure of what the out come might be now if you did so it's something to think about.

LOL that appears to be above my pay grade. I have a 922 so I'm not sure that the cure would be the same for my receiver. I think that the article is describing my problem. I have programming. I can tune the receiver with the remote using IR but it will not respond to UHF at all. I have been afraid of what might happen if I unplugged the unit but today I tried it anyway. I can report that after the normal warm up everything seemed to be OK. I still had W5 and X4. I still had my programs but still no UHF function. It doesn't appear that we will lose anything by unplugging as long as the battery is good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)