Has anyone moved to Direct from Dish because of losing distant nets?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qbucki

Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
I saw where Direct was going to make a run at all Dish customers affected. Would really like to know what they are offering (above and beyond normal deal). Thanks.

I did, got my HD RSN, which was 100% worth my switch.

Saved $150 via $10 month credits, and got two HR20s for $199 ea and one for free. The third one was due to complications on the start. Also got a couple $50 immediate credits (install complications/delays) and 10 free PPVs. I used the Sunday Ticket w/ Premier offer this fall. The current offer is ok, but they sometimes run online promos like the $150 credit.

I see the $100 cash back offer on their website and that is what I was offered over the phone. Where did you find the $150 offer?

I am in the process of switching from E* to D* and the ink on the contract aint dry yet;)

I had a seperate account with DirecTV as they had an international package that my kids Grandmother had to have that was not available any where else. When I had that installed back in August 2005 at the very end of the instalation they told me that since DirecTV did not have locals in my area I had to SUPRISE buy a BASE package called Total Choice or I could not get the international channels. So I took it so the kids Grandma could keep her TV shows (ABS-CBN sold out to DirecTV and we were forced to switch)

Well Grandma moved out 2 days ago and I called to disconect that international package and figured I would keep Total Choice as my youngest son would take over that bed room.

Just for sh*ts and giggles I asked if I could add FOX as the web site said I was eligible. The CSR confirmed I was eligible and gave me NY and LA. Then I was offered CBS which I took and then gambled and asked for NBC which I was granted and what the heck asked for ABC which I was given.

I am told the tracker does not always list all the channels that your eligible for on the web site but what the heck I dropped a $35 international package and got to keep my NY and LA stations.

And to boot DirecTV gave me the equipment for free when they bought out ABS-CBN.

So no I am not dropping Dish as I am very loyal to them but I did keep DirecTV.

So who knows I can still watch the Dodgers and Angels on KTTV but I will have to evict my boy from his room on game days :)

They are on Saturdays when FOX does a national telecast of the Dodgers and Angels.

Granted they left KTTV in 1992 if I remember correctly and are now on KCAL 9 and the Angels are on MY13 KCOP

But I can see the Saturday games that I would other wise miss.

have MLB extra inning for the rest but I wish they would upgrafde the package and add some more teams to it

Washington, NY Yankees, San Diego, Philadelphia and Toronto so we would really get the whole thing

Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)