Has anyone set up an nFusion Phoenix

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gentech

Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
SW MN
Hi,

I have been using a Mercury II for a few years now and I decided to buy another box for a backup. So I set out to buy another FTA box and I got an nFusion Phoenix. Suppose to be a top of the line from what I have read.

I bought it in March of 09 and recently decided that I should get it out and make sure that it works. I cannot get it setup to function properly. The instruction book that came with it is just about useless due to lack if information.

I began looking around on the internet for help or information and I do not find much of anything about it. I also do not find anything about it with a search of this forum either. Two instruction CD's came with it but they do not address setting up through the menus.

I did find a YouTube of the setup at This forum will not allow me to list the URL . The menu shown on YouTube is nothing like the menu on my Phoenix. Maybe it is not even the same box. If mine did have a menu similar to the one on the YouTube example I could set it up without a book. At this time it looks as though I might have a software problem. It is not a dish aiming problem since I am already getting stations from four satellites with the Mercury.

I thought about going back to Go-satellite where I bought it. I notice that they are not listed at the top of this forum anymore. I find that with Go-satellite they will only provide support for the first seven days.

If anyone has experience with the Phoenix or can otherwise help out I would appreciate any input that I could get.

One question that I would also have is since I have connected it through the Mercury II. Do I need to run it with the LNB power off? I would assume that the Mercury will power the LNB's as long as the switch on the back of the Mercury is turned on.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure about that receiver, that particular brand name had a reputation (and probably still does). If it has blind-scan, I'd take the satellite-setup info off the merc2 and insert it on the satellties in the phoenix' setup screen. If Nfusion has a website you should be able to download the latest firmware and put it in your receiver. Whether it needs that or not, I don't know.
If you're trying to connect it using 'loop out' I believe the merc2 would have to be turned off, and the lnb power set to ON in the other receiver. I tried to connect two boxes that way once, and it didn't work , lol, power overload shut the box down, and I feared I had fried an lnbf. Luckily not. Never tried that again!

Hi Gentech and the group, here are a few notes that might help you get going using the loop out. First the Mercury II will be controlling the polarity and will need to be on - not just with the power switch on the back but fully on and displaying a channel. Next set the second box to the same LNB frequency and enter or scan the same TP that is displaying on the Mercury II. You should now be able to view the channel on the second box. After you get the above working you should also be able to display any other TP on the same satellite that has the same polarity. I don't know much about the Phoenix but it might not have blind scan and I think it is SD only so if this is true there is not much advantage to hooking it up to the loopout other then you could us the Mercury II to blind scan then enter the TP info into the Phoenix. The other thing you could do is watch a second channel at the same time if you have two TVs. The real advantage of using the loopout will come from using a 4:2:2 and HD box that does not have blind scan (like the AZBoz) That is how I have my AZBox hooked up. I have it connected to both a Mercury II and a Pansat 3500SD with a (22 tone switch) that I use to blind scan both Ku and C-band. When I find a feed that does not display on the SD boxes I enter the TP info into the AZBox and enjoy the feed. Hope this helps, DC

From your description it doesn't look like you use a motor. Another way to learn new for you Nfusion STB is to write down Mercury dish setup settings for each sat it can receive at the moment, switch coax to Nfusion and setup it independently using written TP list from Mercury or default TP list that comes with (latest) firmware, then switch coax back to loop. You would need to update Nfusion firmware anyway to use it for whatever it worse. ;)

Hi,

...I did find a YouTube of the setup at This forum will not allow me to list the URL . The menu shown on YouTube is nothing like the menu on my Phoenix. Maybe it is not even the same box. If mine did have a menu similar to the one on the YouTube example I could set it up without a book. At this time it looks as though I might have a software problem. It is not a dish aiming problem since I am already getting stations from four satellites with the Mercury.

I thought about going back to Go-satellite where I bought it. I notice that they are not listed at the top of this forum anymore. I find that with Go-satellite they will only provide support for the first seven days.

Forum Members have restrictions like that link thing when new to the forum or when having under a certain number of posts.

GOsatellite has free forums. Have you tried them? I hope I am proved wrong, but help specific to that reciever might be not so forthcoming here. I say this because people here are likely to use brands other than nFusion...

However, I have a Mercury II also and like it a lot...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)