Has anyone tried those new PPC aquatight connectors and do you recall Raychem EZF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the new PPC connectors with the built-on weather boot?? I was just wondrring which tool they require?? It appears that my tool would smash the weatherboot tip, but I'm not sure.

Also, I just thought I would put this out, I used to used, back in the late 90's, a connector called Raychem EZF; it was a neat connector that was in a cartidge, you did not have to put your hands on the connecotr to install it, and was universal for single-quad shield. It only required 1/8" braid prep and, although they made compression tools for them, you could compress it on a port using a 7/16 wrench.

I assume Raychem went out because it did not have an o-ring inside the connector. All I know is that particular cable system just went from Raychem one day to PPC the next.

Thanks

Last edited:
here's a pic

Attachments

• aqua.jpg
    aqua.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 289
miguelaqui said:
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the new PPC connectors with the built-on weather boot?? I was just wondrring which tool they require?? It appears that my tool would smash the weatherboot tip, but I'm not sure.

Also, I just thought I would put this out, I used to used, back in the late 90's, a connector called Raychem EZF; it was a neat connector that was in a cartidge, you did not have to put your hands on the connecotr to install it, and was universal for single-quad shield. It only required 1/8" braid prep and, although they made compression tools for them, you could compress it on a port using a 7/16 wrench.

I assume Raychem went out because it did not have an o-ring inside the connector. All I know is that particular cable system just went from Raychem one day to PPC the next.

Thanks

Stirling still makes a connector called the SPP, which is the equivalent of the EZF. Raychem was purchased by Tyco, who eventually dropped production.

The SPP was originally made with a nut 1/2 inch on the flats. The current one has 7/16 flats. The original was god color zinc dichromate plated. The current ones are nickle plated.

Again, they are now considered for indoor use only, as they do not have o rings.

Mike500 said:
Stirling still makes a connector called the SPP, which is the equivalent of the EZF. Raychem was purchased by Tyco, who eventually dropped production.

The SPP was originally made with a nut 1/2 inch on the flats. The current one has 7/16 flats. The original was god color zinc dichromate plated. The current ones are nickle plated.

Again, they are now considered for indoor use only, as they do not have o rings.
I took a look at those SPP connectors, the RG7 and RG11 connectors look like the Raychems, but the RG6 ones do not.

I thought they were no longer in production; I miss them. It really saved time using those!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts