Has anyone tried those new PPC aquatight connectors and do you recall Raychem EZF?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the new PPC connectors with the built-on weather boot?? I was just wondrring which tool they require?? It appears that my tool would smash the weatherboot tip, but I'm not sure.

Also, I just thought I would put this out, I used to used, back in the late 90's, a connector called Raychem EZF; it was a neat connector that was in a cartidge, you did not have to put your hands on the connecotr to install it, and was universal for single-quad shield. It only required 1/8" braid prep and, although they made compression tools for them, you could compress it on a port using a 7/16 wrench.

I assume Raychem went out because it did not have an o-ring inside the connector. All I know is that particular cable system just went from Raychem one day to PPC the next.

Thanks

Last edited:
here's a pic

Attachments

• aqua.jpg
    aqua.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 290
miguelaqui said:
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the new PPC connectors with the built-on weather boot?? I was just wondrring which tool they require?? It appears that my tool would smash the weatherboot tip, but I'm not sure.

Also, I just thought I would put this out, I used to used, back in the late 90's, a connector called Raychem EZF; it was a neat connector that was in a cartidge, you did not have to put your hands on the connecotr to install it, and was universal for single-quad shield. It only required 1/8" braid prep and, although they made compression tools for them, you could compress it on a port using a 7/16 wrench.

I assume Raychem went out because it did not have an o-ring inside the connector. All I know is that particular cable system just went from Raychem one day to PPC the next.

Thanks

Stirling still makes a connector called the SPP, which is the equivalent of the EZF. Raychem was purchased by Tyco, who eventually dropped production.

The SPP was originally made with a nut 1/2 inch on the flats. The current one has 7/16 flats. The original was god color zinc dichromate plated. The current ones are nickle plated.

Again, they are now considered for indoor use only, as they do not have o rings.

Mike500 said:
Stirling still makes a connector called the SPP, which is the equivalent of the EZF. Raychem was purchased by Tyco, who eventually dropped production.

The SPP was originally made with a nut 1/2 inch on the flats. The current one has 7/16 flats. The original was god color zinc dichromate plated. The current ones are nickle plated.

Again, they are now considered for indoor use only, as they do not have o rings.
I took a look at those SPP connectors, the RG7 and RG11 connectors look like the Raychems, but the RG6 ones do not.

I thought they were no longer in production; I miss them. It really saved time using those!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)