Has lost become a sleeper?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Has lost become a sleeper?

• Yes

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • I do not watch anymore

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • I never watched it

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I am about to drop the show off my list. They have been dragging the same story for about 2 years and we do not know anything about the people in the island. The mystery has been prolonged for so long and we get about 15 to 20 minutes of the show (whenever there is a new episode) and the other minutes is just waste...

I am still hooked, but I find myself yelling at the TV "GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!"

They are revealing enough nuggets of info that it keeps it interesting. But the back-stories of each character are starting to get very very old.

See ya
Tony

The shows still great.

Sean complains too much about the show, but since it's off now hopefully it's the last we hear if it

I guess I agree some with each of you. It is very frustrating because there is still so much "old stuff" that's not progressing very fast and of course that's compounded by going weeks with no new episodes - but alas I'm still "hooked" too. They are kind of pushing the envelope though with plot dribble.

I think I wish they did it like 24 and start later but don't skip any weeks.

I thought a "sleeper" was a show (or movie) that "achieved unexpected success" - in which case I'm not sure I understand the poll.

I watch it. I like it.

CDH.

By the way, I haven't voted yet because I'm not sure what "sleeper" means in the context of this poll.

When I was growing up, we used the term "sleeper" to discribe a car that didn't look like much but could blow the doors off most of the hot rods in town.

I tried watching Lost---and 24 for that matter---several times, but I just can't get into these shows. I've come to the conclusion that I just don't get their show...and never will. The only exception would be Frasier, which I finally started watching in their 7th year.

Tony is right in the definition of "sleeper". That is what I meant. I feel that the show was good for a good while and it is still until they do the back flashes. I find the 15-20 minutes that they concentrate on the story of the island is quite good. It is frustrating to see these old back flashes and many times they are just fillers.

I love this show DVR it every week!! The thing that makes me mad is the reruns all the time. Its like repeat repeat and then HEY A SHOW!! Cool the only bad thing is after waiting i want action and then i get back flashes.. Don't get me wrong some of the flashbacks are really cool. I do know we do need the flashback to get to the point. Whatever that is?

dervari said:
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :)

I won't :) I just won't watch it anymore when I decide that it is finally over for me which it is getting to that point unless the show starts progressing in some direction.

Lost is one of those shows that you MUST go to the net to find out whats happening and to figure out whats going on. When the door shut down on Locke, did anyone really have time to read allthat was on it?

Attachments

• cleanwall-707484.jpg
    cleanwall-707484.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 231
I honestly thought I read this past winter that there was a high possibility that it might make only1 more season if that. Anyone hear that?

The whole problem is attempting to make a series out of that idea. There is no room for expansion. They have to drag it out or the show would quickly run out of storylines.

The show's premise is cool, but the backlash is starting to show up from people who want more plot developments than what this show is providing.

Prison Break is going to suffer the same problem as well. IMO..

It's suffering from the J.J. Abrahms effect. Just like in Alias, he's build up a story so much that he can't possibly offer a satisfactory resolution to it.

The last lost (which was supposed to be a new episode) was a recap of the entire real lost story without the flashbacks. They could have done the entire lost episodes so far in probably 8 hours of the real story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)