Has the Sports Pack always been listed separately VOOM's website?

rtt2

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Has the sports pack always been listed separately on VOOM's website? I was on there today and noticed it listed separately as well as the HD Marquee pack. I know the HD Marquee has always been separate but this concerns me because I read:

"VOOM Package $49.90 per month Includes 21 VOOM Exclusive HD channels, more than 50 of cable's most watched channels, plus 18 music channels. For a limited time at no extra charge, also includes HD Marquee Pack (featuring Bravo HD+, TNT in HD and Discovery HD Theater) and the VOOM Sports Pack (featuring ESPN HD, Fox Sports World, The Tennis Channel, The Golf Channel and Fuel)."

Is this to mean they intend to charge for the Sports Pack and the HD Marquee Pack in the future?

http://www.voom.com/see_it/pluspacks.jsp
http://www.voom.com/get_it/offerDetails.jsp

it means they're leaving themselves the option. they'll charge when they think more people will pay for it than not pay for it or just cancel out of anger.

Well, except for ESPN-HD, the sports pack sucks. I'ld drop it faster than flies on a roadkill if they charged $10 for it.

-John

The Sports-Pack was separate from the beginning. It was dropped temporarily since it did not have much value. Right now, it does not have much value at all.

So this recent addition. Do you think they will start charging?

I don't watch much sports, so I wouldn't want to pay for a sports pack year round, but I do like to watch the SEC games when they air, so I like having ESPNHD for it.

The only time I watch ESPN is if they air a HD football game that I want to watch. I have yet to watch anything else on it. It seems everytime I turn it on to check out a game, it's not even HD. Yeah, I know there's a schedule for ESPNHD, but wishful thinking never hurt.

problem is I don't care about the RSN except during basketball season (Lakers), and the other channels are cr*p I don't watch (and really bad looking SD cr*p too!), so it looks like they'll force me to essentially pay $10 or whatever for espn the rest of the year. Hmm. That would suck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)