Has This Happen to anyone??

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
I was wondering if this has happen to anyone when you "moved" and if they forgot to turn off that set of locals and they turn on the other set?? Or is this very rare or maybe it doesn't happen at all.

yep. Happened to me a coupe times when I "moved" with Dish...

Back when Dish could do distants (late 06) I had my locals, my "locals", and 2 sets of all 4 nets but CBS as distants for about 3 months...then it caught up and they dropped locals...a month later my distants were gone (due to the lawsuit)

It happens. Normally it happens when a receiver is not getting signal or is disconnected when the changes are made in our system, so the receiver doesn't get the update to take off the channels. It does auto-correct itself.

Or in general with the CSC doesn't code the movers correctly. 9 times out of 10 I will spend 30mins to an hour on the phone with CSC to get them to recode the account and reauthorize the receivers. Even then, the old locals would get stuck in the box for 24-48 hours till the new guide information is downloaded.

Even on local movers ( two addresses in the same DMA) it still happens.

It may happen but will auto correct in a day or two.

Also when you downgrade and leave your receiver unplugged before the change. It'll keep your old pack for a day or so until Dish resends the authorization signal.

This same thing happened to me just today on a mover from Tennessee to Virginia...Va locals & Tn locals both appeared in guide, but a 002 signal error would come up if you tried to access the TN locals that weren't really there.

At one point, I had two sets of locals for over 6 months on my old 622.
It was not till I called to have them remove the Superstation Package that it was fixed.
Still wish I had never made that call. lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts