Has this happenned to anyone else ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
About 2 weeks ago without warning my Dishnetwork receiver (722 VIP DVR)starting acting up,constantly resetting at odd times and then finally just not responding at all.Called Dish and got a replacement receiver and sent back old one.Connected the new receiver exactly the same way as old one and activated the receiver ,but it could not find a signal,kept saying it couldnt find satellittes.
I noticed before old receiver went out that a few times my channels would freeze up,but they always came back .Anyways I am wondering if something went out on my Dish to cause the receiver to go out.
I have a tech coming out tommorrow(hopefully)and since I have the DHPP it will only cost the 15.00 dollars however I am wondering since this is all possibly connected ,one thing caused the whole set up to go out as too why I should even be charged,I have the DHPP which covered new receiver being sent out but if it was all caused by the Dish why should I end up having to pay extra.Its really no big deal,just annoying.
Do you think a Dish problem could have caused the Reciver to go out ??

About 2 weeks ago without warning my Dishnetwork receiver (722 VIP DVR)starting acting up,constantly resetting at odd times and then finally just not responding at all.Called Dish and got a replacement receiver and sent back old one.Connected the new receiver exactly the same way as old one and activated the receiver ,but it could not find a signal,kept saying it couldnt find satellittes.
I noticed before old receiver went out that a few times my channels would freeze up,but they always came back .Anyways I am wondering if something went out on my Dish to cause the receiver to go out.
I have a tech coming out tommorrow(hopefully)and since I have the DHPP it will only cost the 15.00 dollars however I am wondering since this is all possibly connected ,one thing caused the whole set up to go out as too why I should even be charged,I have the DHPP which covered new receiver being sent out but if it was all caused by the Dish why should I end up having to pay extra.Its really no big deal,just annoying.
Do you think a Dish problem could have caused the Reciver to go out ??

Signal loss (even a short one) has been known to cause Vip622's and 722's to reboot in the past, depending on what firmware they had loaded. I've seen a few postings here where people have mentioned it. I have personally seen my VIP622 reboot due to signal loss of my local channels. Since you said even the new receiver sent you couldn't find a signal, that's probably what it is in your case. Maybe your lnb or switch went bad, etc.

A Follow up to Service Call.

I have to compliment Dishnetwork for their quick resolve to my issue.Tech came out (on time)and fixed ,and all it was was a bad splitter on the inside of house.Why it went out at same time as receiver is anyones guess.I am not too happy about service call Charge of 15 dollars being the splitter was Dishes equipment.But its better than paying without DHPP the normal rates.Hopefully new 722 wont go bad for a while,but I am still kind of worried that dish may try and charge my account for old receiver (I sent back yesterday and I am tracking until its gets to Dish in Texas.)I did nothing to old receiver so if Dishes people are honest there shouldnt be any additional charges.But as of now very happy with the quick service I got from Dish as my Town is a little out of the way and it takes some service people a while normally to get out to my town.Job well done Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)