Have 301, need smart card

WakeBdr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Cumming, GA
I purchased a 301 with smart card from a guy on Ebay. I tried to activate everything last night, but couldn't get it done. The Dish technician told me the smart card I had belonged to a receiver that was leased and had not yet been returned. He said the account was inactive, but he could not activate the card until the leased receiver was returned. The receiver I have is not the one on lease, so I'm kind of stuck with a receiver and smart card that can't play together.

With all that said, where can I get a new smart card cheap and fast? The technician offered to sell me a new one for $50, but that price doesn't appeal to me. I've contacted the seller I bought from, but even if he does send me a new card, I don't think I'll get it by this weekend since it took 3 weeks to get the one I have in the first place. On top of that, he caught an attitude about the whole thing too.

Thanks

Actually, if you could find another yellow card out of another receiver, you could put it into YOUR receiver & then E* will activate it. (like perhaps out of a broken receiver, etc) Of course, the same receiver CAN'T have a balance or be a leased, either.

I've sold several used Dish receivers on eBay. I'd always list the CAID# as well as the S0# so that any perspective buyer can call 1-800-333-3474 to check if the card and the receiver is FREE of any incumberances.

That's the ONLY way I'd buy and sell a receiver in eBay.

GOING cheap, hopeing that everything works out is chancy.

dishrich said:
Actually, if you could find another yellow card out of another receiver, you could put it into YOUR receiver & then E* will activate it. (like perhaps out of a broken receiver, etc) Of course, the same receiver CAN'T have a balance or be a leased, either.

You cannot do this, if dish's records for the Rec# and smart card # do not match, they will not acitvate it. Or are you Hacking?

garys said:
You cannot do this, if dish's records for the Rec# and smart card # do not match, they will not acitvate it. Or are you Hacking?

The technician I was working with was going to do that. The smart card and receiver came from different accounts and he was going to combine them under my account. However, because of the lease issue he was unable to separate the smart card from that account.

garys said:

Uh NO I'm NOT hacking, thank YOU very much, considering that I'm an E* DEALER... :rolleyes:
(and if you are the same garys on Claude's board, you should already know that)
You are wrong, because I've DONE it several times... :rolleyes: :p

Last edited:
garys said:

yes they will. I activated a box a long time ago by doing that. My card was in a box that fried (literally) and I put it in a box that had no card and they were able "marry" them together :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)