have any of you ever seen this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
i was inside the house this morning and i get a knock at the door. i answer it and is an fbi agent! he said he wanted to look at my satellites! there has been some goverment viewing in my area with a satellite dish! he says. so he looks at my dish net 500 and actually examined it. i told him a goverment sat with a dish network? and he told me if you are a pro satellite genious you can pick up a meteor with a d 500 on a rainy day, yeah smarty. anyways he didnt even look at the primestar, he looked at my bud and laughed, he told me that it is funny that people still watch sat through these things and that we will be passing a law on them one day, i was thinking about defending the c band,but you dont go talking about wild feeds or an occasional astros backhaul to a fed! anyways he told me that there are 7 satellites that are for gov only, and that you cant get them with my setup and i am okay. he said whoever is viewing them either used to be a goverment high up who did videoconferencing with white hous

continued.. or someone who knew a high official. i asked him how they knew about it and he said tapes! we need the tapes! and that the guy was around here! i will be going out later and will see if they are doing examinations at other peoples houses with dishes. i am sure they went to a house down the road with two flags and a 12 ft dish on a 20 ft pole, he told me that there was a positioner that moves a dish an inch or so ever 5 seconds. and that the sats all move around up in space, and that they are not exactly horizontal and vertical but quote* a real strange shot out there! he also told me i should take down the bud before they outlaw them! i told him as soon as they do i will give it some thought. this was absolutely a crazy moment! have any of you ever experianced this? he acted as if he had a truck he would just take my dish and go dump it. kinda made me mad. that positioner sounded strange too. anybody heard of that one? surely they wont ever outlaw the buds. it is crazy though!

Something doesnt sound right with that "visit". Did he have any identification or search warrant? Someone like that would have hell even coming into my home and property without such ID. But that's just me. :eek:

Something fishy about this, if they do not have a warrent and proof of identification i wouldnt let anyone snooping around my place, and I dont have anything to hide, its just my rights.

as for C-band being illegal someday isnt very logical, first off, the gov. mostly uses higher frequencies, spread spectrum, and encryption, so just the fact that someone has a parabolic reflector in their back yard doesnt mean anyone is going to be snooping on uncle Sam.

Where large dishes have a problem is with city zoning and neighborhood organizations, or as I call them Condo Gestapo.

joe did you forget to take your medication?? ;)

ANd C-Band isnt illegal. How the hell does cable get alot of their channels?? :rolleyes:

Hey Joe:

Are you serious? Either you or this guy must have just gotten off the turnip truck.

You should never let anyone into your home or onto your property without them first showing a valid search warrant. I'm a former Policeman and believe me, I'm serious about this.

You may have endangered your family. He may be setting you up for a home invasion or to burglarize your home. I'd call the local Police or Sheriff to report this guy. They'd know if he's doing this to others.

If he comes back tell him, "Get off my property. I've reported you to the Police!"

Harold

he showed me identification. i would have thrown him off my property if he didnt. another guy was out looking at a guys dish down the street. it too was a small dish like my dish net 500. i dont know the man or i would have got out and told him that it happened to me. i have nothing to hide so if they come back i will call the police and make sure it is legit. my family and i are private and have no tresspassing signs up. if it is true that is crazy.

he showed me identification. i would have thrown him off my property if he didnt. another guy was out looking at a guys dish down the street. it too was a small dish like my dish net 500. i dont know the man or i would have got out and told him that it happened to me. i have nothing to hide so if they come back i will call the police and make sure it is legit. my family and i are private and have no tresspassing signs up. if it is true that is crazy.

Htownjoe, sorry this had to happen to you, but, I really think you should call the police now and tell them the story, let them check it out, it could be legit, but if not someone could get hurt and I'm sure you wouldn't want that on your conscience.
If its really legit, it is one of the strangest things I've ever heard of.

Exposed! If this were a true fed who was looking for what he said he was, he would have had extensive knowledge of the subject.

He would have read stuff along these lines...

Defense Media Center Satellite Handbook (145 pages)...
http://www.afrts.osd.mil/tech_info/handbook/pdf/handbook.pdf

I should think he would be asking what type of LNB you were using instead what he said (He would be talking geek speak!).

Criminal types do things of this nature to gain entry to homes. They are quite creative! But they lack true technical and legal knowledge.

I would call the police.

Also you may want to beef up the security in your home in case they want to come back when no one is home. Write down model/serial numbers of electronic stuff for starters. Take pictures of your stuff.

Home security tips...
http://www.crimedoctor.com/home.htm

I would call the real police immediately. There is someone out there impersonating a law enforcement officer. And if they fooled you, that will give them courage to fool others with possibly tragic results. Police don't like people impersonating them (especially feds) so you should get some action. As for law enforcement coming on a person's property for an inspection (i.e. search) even if you have nothing to hide, I would require the officers to produce a search warrant. That forces the government to use the checks and balances built into the system (presenting probable cause before a judge for evaluation) and protects your and everyone else's rights. Any competent law enforcement officer won't give you any grief for wanting to maintain your rights.

You should never let anyone into your home or onto your property without them first showing a valid search warrant. I'm a former Policeman
Harold

Harold,
a bit off topic, (well WAY off topic... ) but the cops bust into houses for suspects without valid search warrant often. Watch COPS on tv sometime. They push right thru the person at the door if they think someone they want is inside. No warrant. And, to top it off they arrest the person at the door for obstructing justice if they balk about warrants.

I really enjoy this thread , it left me with alot of questions about the FBI Man , But first here's how I feel , the Guy (FBI) is an Idiot , sounds like he talks a lot of nonsense , even if he was FBI his story might be a excuse to go in your home for other reasons ??? All this talk about taking down your BUD because it will soon be banned sounds real phony , in fact Barney Fife is way smarter than this guy.

I had an experience where I did'nt completely trust Law enforcement ( 6 guys armed to the teeth who had a warrant for one of my neighbors who rented in the same building )and I was told " C'mon were the good guys " , and I was hesitant about giving any info on a neighbors whereabouts , they were very vague about what this person did but made it sound as if he was the most despicable and dangerous human being to walk the earth , well a couple days later I called the number I was given and told the officer of the law that the person of interest was at home , here's what I was told " It's my day off , so we can't arrest him today " , made me think real dangerous huh , not today it's my day off , what a disgrace to Law Enforcement.

I also had my doubts about Law enforcement being legit , I called my local police and they told me that they were aware of this but not involved in any way , I just hate that these guys ( Law enforcement ) were bullies with no kind of tact , talk to me in the wrong tone or manner and you are really pushing your luck , I really had no desire in helping these real life cops , but I thought I was doing my Civic duty to the neighborhood by getting this so called thug off the street , it just caught me off guard , maybe if the situation ever happens again I'll tell them I wont get involved unless my local police are here. Real jerks ............................................... I know it's a little off the subject , but I have a trust issue with strangers Law enforcement or not .

....cops bust into houses....

1010:

I was a pre-Policestate City Policeman. We had "no knock warrants" that were sometimes issued and you could pretty much do anything necessary to gain entrance to preserve evidence.. As a general rule a regular search warrant should be properly presented to the homeowner before entering.

Harold

well i believe in my, our rights as american citizens. i can assure you if he were to have tried to come into my house without a warrent there would have been trouble. as for the dish going illegal,yeah he is full of it because dishes are used for not just home tv viewing,but for communications and such. i bet they didnt go to the local cable company which has about 10 stainless steel 10 footers outside and a 16 ft paraclipse dish with two lnbs! i too dont trust most of the authorities because growing up here in texas i have seen corrupted cops left and right and also not to get too far off subject several cases where the goverment has came in and interrogated people that have claimed to see ufos. some have even came up missing! i believe they want to take away our rights,even just to watch some satellite feeds. i am surprised there has never been a law on getting to watch feeds and that these people have no clue after all these years that we are watching them. thanks for all the advice guys! joe

Another "clue" here...

When law enforcement or prosecutors "make a case", they are doing so to eventually present the "facts" before a judge or jury. They need to prove their case with facts.

If what they are saying is fantasy, they will be blown out of the water by the defense attorney.

So they need to learn all about whatever it is they are trying to prosecute someone for. If they have no knowledge of the subject, they do what it takes to learn all about it in excruciating detail.

I've read of some cases where law enforcement and the prosecutors eventually learned more about a specific technical subject than the most knowledgeable experts in the field. And they need to be able to do this when the defense brings in "expert witnesses" - they need to be able to discredit what they are saying.

So you have a case involving the "White House"...

Well there are plenty of satellite experts working for the government who could run circles around all of us here. I would expect such persons to be investigating such a case.

yeah. especially his comment on pros getting gov sats with a dish net sat! i heard a guy claim tn have picked up t6 and g3 on a dish net and thought he was full of it! but goverment sats! i would pay to see that! alot!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts