Have Dish-want direct-Dish want fee to remove dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can also tell directv installer the hoa or the wife says the old dish must come down before you can install another one because you are not allowed to have another dish without their approval.

wow
like what if someone is scared of heights, doesnt have a ladder capable of reaching OR god forbid is handicapped.

Then you get cable, i have seen major cable companies offer to take your dish down when you sign up, then if you go to their lot they have a scrap metal pile and you can bet somebody their has also taken care of the lnbs on ebay.

If I currently get Dish signal from the the southwest (WA), is that the same direction that Direct TV comes from? If so, I could reuse the same location if I switch.

If I currently get Dish signal from the the southwest (WA), is that the same direction that Direct TV comes from? If so, I could reuse the same location if I switch.
The short answer is YES.

DISH uses a second sat and dish at 72 degrees but the main system is the same as Directv ( 110 +119 degrees w long.). You can possibly use the same mast and for sure all the cable, depending on what system you order.

The installer should know all this.

Joe

Thanks. Just wanted to know because pretty much all other views of the sky are taken up by trees.

You can also tell directv installer the hoa or the wife says the old dish must come down before you can install another one because you are not allowed to have another dish without their approval.

You mean lie?

What is ironic (and funny) is you cancel dish, then you expect them to come out for "free" and remove the dish.

Actually at the time I did sort of expect they'd do this. They sent a van out to install all the equipment, they made sure I understood that the equipment all belonged to them and that they wanted it back, and at no time did they ever tell me that it was my responsibility to climb up on the roof and take it down. I fully expected that if they wanted the LNB back that they'd send the guy in the van back out to take it down. It seemed unreasonable to me that I was expected to do something that most homeowners cant or wouldnt be able to do.

gee I hope you didnt actually pay $250 for not returning an lnb, you could have got one off ebay for $5 and thrown that in the return box. They have no way of knowing the difference.

I have a pole saw that takes reciprocating saw blades. I got up on the lower roof and sawed the arm off with a metal cutting blade and let the LNB bounce down the roof, drop on the driveway and bounce down to the street. That was pretty easy.

I have a pole saw that takes reciprocating saw blades. I got up on the lower roof and sawed the arm off with a metal cutting blade and let the LNB bounce down the roof, drop on the driveway and bounce down to the street. That was pretty easy.

:D :D :D

Yeah, made me smile too. I thought for a bit about sticking it in the microwave oven for a while, since the contract didnt say the LNB had to work when they got it back. They WERE awfully hung up on exactly what the contract did and didnt say, after all.

Yeah, made me smile too. I thought for a bit about sticking it in the microwave oven for a while, since the contract didnt say the LNB had to work when they got it back. They WERE awfully hung up on exactly what the contract did and didnt say, after all.

Wouldn't want to mess up the microwave !

Could always add voltage instead

I work as an installer. If I come to a job and someone is switching I remove the old dish. I'll take the arm off, but leave the footplate because it's already (or at least should be) sealed. Then I just mount the new one next to it. Some of the older footplates matched up perfectly and it used to be easy to just pull one dish off the mast and stick the other back on. Now Direct has a 2" mast for their big dishes and all of the dishes for Dish are 1 5/8" so no swapping dishes anymore. But it's usually pretty simple to pull the dish, remove the 3 screws holding the arm and leave the footplate.

Wouldn't want to mess up the microwave !

Microwaves have the unique advantage of doing internal damage to chips and components without making it look like anything is wrong.

Years ago I had a co-worker who conducted all of his business on a speakerphone at full volume while he yelled back. Pretty annoying. So after living with it for a while I started putting his speakerphone in the microwave for a little while.

After he had it replaced 6 times and then replaced the phone because he figured something had to be killing the speakerphone box, and basically ripping his hair out about it, he gave up on using the speakerphone.

Mission accomplished.

Microwaves have the unique advantage of doing internal damage to chips and components without making it look like anything is wrong.

Years ago I had a co-worker who conducted all of his business on a speakerphone at full volume while he yelled back. Pretty annoying. So after living with it for a while I started putting his speakerphone in the microwave for a little while.

After he had it replaced 6 times and then replaced the phone because he figured something had to be killing the speakerphone box, and basically ripping his hair out about it, he gave up on using the speakerphone.

Mission accomplished.

I'd just hate to get the sparks going in the microwave is all, never know what will happen then. :D

The new ones dont arc like the old ones did. Decades ago I had something blast a 1" wide hole through the door. Looked like a small lightning bolt. That was kinda cool. What was really good was that it wasnt my microwave.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts