Have Fios TV Question! Coming in Aug. for me!

scifilaser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Seattle
Hello!

Was told last week that Verizon may be lanching Fios TV service(finally) in the Northern part of greater Seattle on or around Aug. 29th. My question is... I've heard a few horror stories about the Guide, DVR, and billing issues. I currently have their Fios land line, and Fios internet services and haven't had any issues with billing yet. But what about the guide and DVR? Have those issues been resolved yet? Or were they just minor ones?

Any insight to Fios TV would be great. I've got some time before they light it up, but would like to get myself educated on it before I commit myself to it!:)

Thxs!

Eric

Hello!

Was told last week that Verizon may be lanching Fios TV service(finally) in the Northern part of greater Seattle on or around Aug. 29th. My question is... I've heard a few horror stories about the Guide, DVR, and billing issues. I currently have their Fios land line, and Fios internet services and haven't had any issues with billing yet. But what about the guide and DVR? Have those issues been resolved yet? Or were they just minor ones?

Any insight to Fios TV would be great. I've got some time before they light it up, but would like to get myself educated on it before I commit myself to it!:)

Thxs!

Eric

the guide sucks.

Verizon has cable cards for tivo??

Presently, Vz only has the S cards, but sometime in the future, M cards should become available. Tivo HD can use either two S cards or one M card and the Tivo Series 3 requires two cards no matter which card you have.

I don't have Tivo and have never seen it in action. It's works just like a regular Cable DVR? So I can then get rid of the cable boxes? Cool, if that is the case!

Thxs!

Eric

I don't have Tivo and have never seen it in action. It's works just like a regular Cable DVR? So I can then get rid of the cable boxes? Cool, if that is the case!

Thxs!

Eric
It acts just as a cable DVR, only far better than any Moto box made. It has a larger capacity hard drive and the capability of adding even larger drives as well as adding a second drive. It's a pretty slick machine. The downside is that you don't get video on demand. Some people can't live without it, but I've never been a VOD user.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts