have legacy quad500(2-sw21's) &2 receivers-want to add 61.5 dish-how?

jaythomas

Original poster
May 7, 2005
I have a legacy dish 500 quad (2 outboard sw-21's feeding 2 receivers) and I want to add a dish that will see 61.5-how do I go about this? what multiswitch configuration will I need? no plans to add a third (or more) receiver(s) if possible, I would only have the 61.5 go to one receiver.

Do you have a second dish you forgot to mention? If not, what are the SW21s for? The Quad sees 119°/110° and has a built-in switch - no need for external switch(es) unless you have another dish. Could it be you actually have 2 legacy Duals run to 2 SW21s (common early Dish500 config)?

Solutions:
  • Existing Quad and new legacy Dual (or Single if you want to be limited to 1 receiver) each running into an SW21 to 1 receiver, other receiver connected directly to the Quad.
  • Existing 2 Duals and SW21s, new legacy Dual (or Single if you want to be limited to 1 receiver). Place a Microyal SW21X where 1 SW21 is now, that SW21 will now take the output of the SW21X and the new LNB to feed 1 receiver. Leave the other receiver as is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts