have one-time sports timers always gone to #1 priority?

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
And if so, is this documented anywhere? Or is this new behavior?

I almost never watch sports. But last night I set a timer for a game because I wasn't going to be home for the beginning of it, and when I got tired of the way the game was going and wanted to watch something else, I was surprised to find that a longstanding timer for a network show, that doesn't repeat, hadn't recorded. When I checked to see why, I saw that there was, of course, a conflict. But I hadn't been told of any conflicts when I created the one-time timer. When I went into the timer list, I saw that the sports timer had been created as #1 instead of the last timer on the list like all other one-time timers. (I had to check to see if they weren't all being created first instead of last now. They aren't.) If it had been created last, like all other shows, I would've been notified of a conflict, and I could've moved a timer for a show on some other channel that repeats constantly to accommodate everything!

(Of course I'm going to torrent the show I missed, but with my crappy DSL service, that means nobody in the house can do anything else with the internet for two hours...)

To answer the OPs question, Sports timers automatically going to #1 priority (and automatically padding one hour at the end) has been normal practice for some time. Can't remember when first implemented, but is been at least a year ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)