Have the 10 foot dish...need some other parts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
You had made a list for me on your recommendation for a new system. I had copied it and I have lost this information and I have not been able to locate this information. I have a 10 foot dish and I am in the process of obtaining missing parts. I would appreciate if you could locate this information--please.

Anyone---Help

I would like a list of which receiver and what I need to install the used 10 foot dish. ON the feed horn I see the cable was cut off and I have 3 wires going to a small box on the horn. I would like input on how this is wired also. Ground box, switch and all---please.

The small box on the feedhorn is what what controls the polarity - it's a servo that changes from Horizontal to Veritcal. If you're doing C-Band analog, most any receiver will control this. However, if you are looking at DVB receivers for FTA stuff, there are not so many that can control that servo - i.e. pansat 2500/2700/3500 and Satworks 3618/3688 (and probably others).

Although, you could probably buy a less expensive FTA receiver and a new lnbf that would not require the servo control. (or some may suggest buying a used analog reciever to manually control your polarity).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)