Please reply by conversation.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
Hi,

I have been out of it for a little while since I switched to TWC. Since it seems TWC has decided to shoot themselves in the proverbial feet with the release of Navigator, I thought I would reevaluate the options.

Last fall, it seemed there were still many issues with the R15. In your opinion, has D* fixed none, some, most or all of the issues?

Thanks,
Ted

Hi,

I have been out of it for a little while since I switched to TWC. Since it seems TWC has decided to shoot themselves in the proverbial feet with the release of Navigator, I thought I would reevaluate the options.

Last fall, it seemed there were still many issues with the R15. In your opinion, has D* fixed none, some, most or all of the issues?

Thanks,
Ted

I have been using the R15-500 now for over a month.This being my first DVR I really like it.The only problem I had was the guide was slow which when I reformatted the DVR that solved that problem.For more info on the R15 you can check out the R15 forum at www.dbstalk.com .:)

Only Time will tell.

Well, from the limited sampling we have here, it looks like the R15 is still a bit of a lemon.

Thanks,
Ted

Well, from the limited sampling we have here, it looks like the R15 is still a bit of a lemon.

Thanks,
Ted

It also could be said, that since D* is being more agressive on the HD front, service and equipment-wise, that the R15 (among other models) may take a back seat to the newer models when it comes to fixes, not only does it save them time and money, but it also has a chance to increase the amount of subs who want to upgrade, which would help getting more subs on the lease plan.

There was a recent CE/beta on the R15. Pop over to DBSTalk to see what they are saying about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts