Have VOOM pay for installations/service prior to April 8th

satellitedude2000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Myrtle Beach
Well today is pay day for installations and just wondering if any other installers didn't get paid for work already completed? Well after being reassured and reassured that we would be paid still no pay. The works already been done!!!! I guess a lawsuit is the only way?? :mad:

satellitedude2000 said:
Well today is pay day for installations and just wondering if any other installers didn't get paid for work already completed? Well after being reassured and reassured that we would be paid still no pay. The works already been done!!!! I guess a lawsuit is the only way?? :mad:

who do you work for?

Satellitedude,

this is an interested topic of conversation and I am going to split the thread and move to our development forum. If VOOM is not paying you guys, it is wrong.

So installs Inc does not get paid and therefore you guys are not getting paid. I thought this was part of the shutdown cost. Shouldn't Installs Inc sue them for not paying? What is Installs Inc position?

i will let you guys know in the morning if they don't pay me we don't get are checks until Wed. direct deposit. i will keep you posted on mine.

t

If you are an employee of Installs, Inc., then it doesn't matter if Voom is not paying them. Depending on which state you live in, each have different laws affecting this. As an employee of Installs, Inc., it doesn't matter if one of their vendors did not pay them. You still are entitled to your pay. Check with your specific state under 'wage and hour laws'. I would quote the statutes if I knew what state you are in, but I'm not familiar with all states of course.

The Voom equipment maybe garbage satellitedude. I do not know the specific of the contracts but isn't installs inc obligated to satisfy their part of the contract. That is paying you guys.

I would suggest any installer in your situation to post here as well. There are various news reporters that come here and I am sure they would like to jump on the news if enough of you report the same.

sounds good to me ... tell them to send me a message with a number and will be more than happy to give them a call and let them know anything i can

btw ... anybody out there know of any companies that are looking for installers in the NC/SC areas? We do Dish, DirecTV, and anything else that pays!!! LOL

I have to give some credit back to Installs, Inc. I just got off the phone with an acct supervisor and he stated that they are going to deposit our money to us. That still does not make what has gone on right but it at least makes it possible to stay in business. Now the next question is whether Voom has actually paid Installs, Inc. for the work and if and/or how we are all going to get paid next week!?!?! Hopefully, I am just nervous for nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)