Have yet to receive update??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joeadt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Should I be looking in the system info under softare to see if I received the 269 update??

No! Just keep it off when you dont need it! That is what Dish told me that it takes a coulpe of days for everyone to get it. Im still wateing myself so hopeing that will have it by end of the week!

As of 11:00PM last night I had not received 269 either. I forgot to check the morning before I left, though. If it is not ther by tonight I think a call to D*** will be in order.

One more time....It can take up to 10 days from the date they start to spool the upgrade until all boxes receive it. Dish rolls out updates by receiver serial number. Calling them will not get you the update any sooner. The reason they do this is to prevent a corrupted or bad upgrade from going to all the receivers at once (yes this has happened). Just relax and keep reading this forum and by the time you receive it you'll have a very good idea of what it fixes and what it doesn't.

When it comes to software upgrades from Dish, being first isn't necessarily a good thing. :yes

NightRyder

Guys,

Dish spools the software out in batches to the recievers. Consider that like small test runs. I also have not yet gotten 269. Keep checking their web page to check when it goes wide spread. If you don't get it when it goes wide spread then call Dish.

I am still waiting for the update as well. Still not installed as of 8:00 am this morning.

I installed & activated my 811 receiver 2 days before the 269 software was released, so I may be one of the last on the list.

I've had my 811 since February. Still hadn't gotten the upgrade as of last night. With 268 It was about a week before I saw it.

NightRyder

Wow! You had it since Feb just got the 268 a week ago thats not good. Only had mine for 3 weeks and day I got it setup it loaded everything fine. If took that long get update their are some issues maybe!

Poke said:
Wow! You had it since Feb just got the 268 a week ago thats not good. Only had mine for 3 weeks and day I got it setup it loaded everything fine. If took that long get update their are some issues maybe!

No. It took a week from the day Dish started spooling 268 until I received it. :)

WJMorales said:
I got my 811 recently too. On my 2700, 2800, 301, and 510 recievers I always get software updates on the day they go wide spread. Luck of the draw.

There is your key, widespread. 269 is not widespread yet, that's why they still have both 268 and 269 in the chart.

Bobby said:
There is your key, widespread. 269 is not widespread yet, that's why they still have both 268 and 269 in the chart.

Interesting... I got mine in March.. and I am usually the very first to get a new version when it starts spooling.

Turn your 811 off with the front panel power button

For those of you having trouble downloading updates, try turning your unit off with the front panel power button, NOT with the remote's power on/off. I tried it first with the remote and nada. I tried using the front panel power button and voila. Within 30 seconds the update began downloading and I got a message on the TV.

Mopey

Hmm you mean there is a diffrence?When I turn mine off with the remote as far as I can tell the power is off!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts