Have you ever wanted to go at your receiver with a sledge?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
:hungry:

Ya know, when your receiver decides to crash and reboot right at that part of a movie you're really enjoying?

Seems to happen to me every now and then, lol, anyone else have a horror story like that? :D

Try the 7100/7200 dishplayers or the 921 and even the 811 when it first came out, and you will want to shoot a bazooka at the damn thing. I had all 3 at one time or another.

Items I have wanted to take a sledge to
Dish 921
Dish 811
Compag servers.
Allen Bradley micrologix 1000 PLC's
Allen Bradley Panelview 300.
Emerson Ipag Frequency Drive
Many customers.
Just some of the sh*t I deal with everyday.

Well don't laugh, but I actually did that once with an 811 receiver.

I was on a Job and had a bad 811 receiver, came back to the office grabbed a new receiver and went back to the customers home and found out that receiver was bad also.

Went back to the store again, grabbed yet another 811 receiver and that turned out to be bad also when I went to activate it at the store.

I was so pist off, I took the receiver and threw it across the room into the wall and bent the crap out of the chasis and scrwed up the cover plate.

Did an RMA on all 3 bad receivers including the smashed one and got Dish to replace all 3 of them :D

I ended up giving my customer my showroom receiver and had retail services swap it with a 522 to get the customer up and running.

I've owned the following receivers: 4000, 4700/4900, 7100, 510, 811, 942, and 622. The only one that gave me much of a problem was the 942. Even the 7100 was stable for me, and I used it for about 3 years.

The rest of them were/are extremely stable and reliable. Still using my 4700 on my 2nd TV and it is rock solid. I think it is about 8 years old and been through numerous software upgrades. Heck, it was even software upgraded from a 4700 to a 4900 along the way.

I've never had a maintenance problem with any of them. None were ever repaired.

The 942 lost recordings, crashed a lot, wiped out my timers on a regular basis, and was generally a piece of junk for the 10 months that I used it.

What happens is I think it varies a lot on the situation, if you're getting good reception 100% of the time, if your switches/LNBs were installed correctly, and if your wiring is run in the walls vs just tied to the outside of the house.

For us, unfortunately just about everything started off wrong, so I'm not surprised if the switch is failing and screwing everything up (I occasionally get a switch error dialog), but I -really- don't have the $$ laying around to bother taking care of that stuff (lol, it's way down there on the list).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)