Having Direct TV Installed this weekend, a few questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dmc0036

Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
IL
Greetings! First post here for me. Thank you all for the info as have just recently made the change over to Direct from Dish. This site/forum provided me a lot if info. I just upgraded to HDTVs and Dish would do nothing as far as upgrade assistance for a 10 year customer. So here I am.

I have a 2 HDTV, 1 SDTV set up, and signed up for the Whole Home DVR Service.

A few questions if you dont mind.

Will I need to provide HDMI cables, or will these be included in the HD Receivers?

Also, is there any specific equipment I will need to provide for the Whole Home DVR service.

Is there anything I can do (besides having TV's accessible and open), that will assist the installer? Should it be a fairly easy install since it will be replacing existing Dish Network Equipment? Or is there significant differences in SD to HD?

Thanks again for any feedback!

welcome :wave

FYI the SD receiver (unless its a HD receiver) wont work with MRV.

Will I need to provide HDMI cables, or will these be included in the HD Receivers?
Mine came with a HDMI cable but I already had my own. Most of the time its been in there that I have seen

Also, is there any specific equipment I will need to provide for the Whole Home DVR service.
not that I'm aware of. I think the equipment the tech brings

Is there anything I can do (besides having TV's accessible and open), that will assist the installer? Should it be a fairly easy install since it will be replacing existing Dish Network Equipment? Or is there significant differences in SD to HD?
They will have to put a new dish/mast/foot up as D* uses a 2" mast and Dish uses a smaller one. Will it be on the roof or elsewhere?
They probably can set you up on a SWM setup which is one line in the house and one to each receiver from a SWM switch or splitter. Very easy for the tech to set up. Other than that you have the rest above noted properly (TV's accessible, if there are cables there have them ready for the tech)

Greetings! First post here for me. Thank you all for the info as have just recently made the change over to Direct from Dish. This site/forum provided me a lot if info. I just upgraded to HDTVs and Dish would do nothing as far as upgrade assistance for a 10 year customer. So here I am.

A few questions if you dont mind.

Thanks again for any feedback!
Welcome to the site !!
The D* receivers or the Tech will make sure you have your HDMI cables. So don't worry about that.
I assume you have high Speed internet, because D* offers Massive amounts of Free VOD with that, As far as your MRV the Tech will take care of all of that.

Getting your house ready, well just make sure he doesn't have to move all your furniture, and stick around and help him if he needs access to an attic or any place where stuff might need to be moved.
They will get done much quicker if the don't have to move everything thats in the way.

Good luck you will be happy.

Only thing you will have to provide is a router with high speed internet connection if you are having the system wired in to your internet (which is advised since it is free with some cool features).

As far as HDMI cables they will most likely be supplied but not always as I can not count the number of times they were just not available to us.
(Retail boxes come with them in the box but the boxes we get do not and they come in separate packages).
However, I would not run to the store and buy any before the install.

Only thing you will have to provide is a router with high speed internet connection if you are having the system wired in to your internet (which is advised since it is free with some cool features).

Are the receivers hard wired, or are they wireless to Internet? I have WiFi.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)