Having issue with only ONE transponder

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Can't get channel 9419 (A&E HD) and the other HD channel that shares the same transponder (9427??). I believe its transponder 22 on 61.5. Did a check switch, rebooted, went through the routine with the Dish folks on the phone with no luck. Every other transponder seems fine with the signal in the 70s for 61.5.

I have a tech scheduled to come out Tuesday.

What do you think could cause only one transponder to be giving me issues?

Grounding of the system, connections, lnbf issue or receiver. I suspect either connection or lnbf more than others. Let us know what they find.

I know more than once Ive seen someone say it was a LNB if you were having troubles with only 1 TP. Hopefully itll be an easy fix and get you back on the road.

**UPDATE**

Turns out my 61.5 Dish was out of alignment. A few bolts were a tad loose and i'm up and running with an excellent signal again.

Dish guy was on time, knew his sh*t, was cool, and was in/out in less than 15 minutes.

Wow. I've got the same problem... Just upgraded to a Vip222 and can't receive transponder 22 on satellite 61.5 (A&E HD and Universal HD). I'll check the dish alignment tomorrow and hope that fixes it.

Maybe that transponder is the weakest of the bunch. So when the dish isn't aligned perfectly, its the first to go :confused:

That the only conclusion I could come to since everything else was working just fine, except that one transponder.

I am getting 85 strength on transponder 22 on 61.5 . I no longer will put up with the 129 sat on my 1000.2 dish, and have it foiled for good.

Sounds more like this is an issue with a dish out of alignment, a good tech can get %120 easy on 61.5

If the signal is showing 70 on most then the one your loosing is probably the weakest of the transponders and its most likely at %50 wich is where the picture will start to cut out.

Wow. I've got the same problem... Just upgraded to a Vip222 and can't receive transponder 22 on satellite 61.5 (A&E HD and Universal HD). I'll check the dish alignment tomorrow and hope that fixes it.

The tech came out yesterday and said the dish alignment was fine. He replaced my old LNB's and SW64 with new LNBs that have integrated switches. Transponder 22 comes in strong now.