having problems with my new coolsat 7000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

edgaloustian

Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
i just got a
coolsat 7000 micro pvr
Invacom qph-031 lnb
digipower 2100 motor
wineguard satellite meter

My latitude is 29degree and 38 min
My longitude is 82 degree and 18 minutes

I set my elevation angle at 61
My dish bracket angle is 25.2
I used my satellite meter to adjust

My screen now has a level for over 80% on most of the satellites.
the quality is at 0%

I even removed the coax cable from the motor and straight to the lnb

I have checked various satellites and I am getting a zero quality reading.
I need help as to what i am doing wrong and getting no signal and no channels from any of the satellites

thanks

Last edited:
These are a few things you can try.

First make sure your motor setup is leveled.

Then use your receiver to drive the motor to your true south satellite, either 79 degrees west or 83 degrees west, 79 is better since it has regular active transponders on it, then go outside to your motor setup and rotate the pole (Motor and Dish together) on the North-South axis until you see a signal.

Another thing to check is the LNB Local Frequency it should be set to 10.75 GHz (10750 MHz) for free to air, or 11.25 GHz (11250 MHz) for circular FTA.

There are so many variables with setting up a motorized dish so let us know if you make progress or run into other problems.

Your receiver has settings for specific satellites and specific frequencies on those satellites. If your dish is pointing at the wrong satellite, you will not get any signal readings if your receiver is set to receive another satellite.

And if your dish is pointed at the correct satellite, and your receiver is set to the same satellite, but you have a frequency (transponder) selected for that satellite which is outdated or has nothing on it, or it is an "encrypted" frequency (Not FTA), then you will not get anything on your receiver signal meter.

Note that frequencies change on satellites quite often. So the frequencies your receiver came with can become outdated between the time the receiver was manufactured and the time you purchased the receiver. You can of course enter a new active FTA frequency/POL/SR.

You will not get anything if your receiver is set to receive a "C-band" frequency (4 digit) and you have a "Ku-band" LNB and dish (Ku band frequencies/transponders are 5 digit numbers).

You *will* get a reading on your receiver signal meter if your dish is pointing at the correct satellite, your receiver is set to receive from the same satellite, and you have an active Free to Air DVB frequency selected for that satellite (or have entered an active FTA DVB frequency) and the frequency is the correct band for your LNB/dish (Ku - 5 digit number for a small dish).

Frequencies for each satellite are listed at lyngsat.com. C-band is 4 digits, Ku band is 5 digits.

If that lnbf is one that has the 'circular' ports, couldn't he aim for that NIMIQ sat at 82 ? (i think 82 is right) Since those sats put out so much power wouldn't that be easier for a first-timer to lock in on? Then he could go looking for the reg 'linear' sats after swapping out the cable-ports.

61 for your elevation sounds way off. I'm at 30N latitude (New Orleans), and I have an SG-2100. My dish elevation is somewhere around 25 and my motor is set at my latitude (the scale on the left side of the motor looking from behind it), which is 30. Sounds like you have your rig pointed too high...

EDIT: Upon reading more carefully, it seems as though you've set your DISH elevation at 61 and your motor elevation at 25. Your MOTOR ELEVATION should be 61 (reading the elevation scale, which is on the right of the motor bracket looking from behind the dish). If you read the LATITUDE scale on the left side of the bracket, it should be your latitude, 29. The sum of these two angles =90 degrees, so 61 sounds right for your MOTOR elevation. The DISH elevation should be around 25 or so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)